New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Silverbullet45 wrote:Hi. New member :D
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

2Mosins4me wrote:Greetings Gang, I bought my first Mosin this past winter, (Izhevsk round), and am waiting arrival any day now of my second, (Tula Hex). I am looking forward to learning more about both of my rifles from you experts. My first question is regarding corrosive Russian milsurp ammo, what is the best way to clean the rifle after shooting it? Thanks.
Welcome to the board, just pour a cup of hot water down the bore to wash out the salts , then clean as you would any rifle. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Chootit wrote:Hi all,
New to the forum - looks great. Learning all I can now that I have fallen prey to Mosin-itis. Having acquired my first two rifles(91-30's) the last couple of months, I am definitely hooked. Love my Garands, Arisakas and actually just about any old military rifle. Looking forward to being here - thanks!
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Fuzzy wrote:Well, not sure what to say. I purchased my Mosin about a month ago. It's nothing special as Mosin's go, no collectors value or anything, just a standard Mosin built in 1943. It does have all matching numbers, in pretty decent shape for as old as it is. Finally got to shoot it a week ago. Man, does kick like a mule!
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

namboob wrote:Being on one firearms collectors forum is not enough! Thanks for accepting me(if you do that is).
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Alan Bycroft wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:
William wrote:
Im William. And it has been 6 days sense I bought a rifle!

I'm sorry, this isn't the equilivant of AA? ;mywink;

William
No, pills and booze are both cheaper, and easier to shake than a milsurp addiction or Mosinitis :)
Hi Guys...new guy here. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out where to type a post! Hopefully this is right. I have a 1942 91/31 MN...shot it for the first time last week after spending all weekend cleaning out cosmoline! I'm loving this old rifle already, but have the typical "Mosin sticky bolt" syndrome. I haven't shot it since I tried a few of the remedies suggested on YT by Iraqveteran888 and some others.
Alan Bycroft
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

pongo wrote:Hello. I am new to the forum and wanted to say I am happy that I joined.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tovarisch wrote:Hi Fellas,

I,too, was a member in the past. I am delighted to come back.
Here's my small mosin inventory:
Model qty
91 59 3
91 30 3
91 38 1
91 44 1
Type 59 1
Welcome back, you were a member of Bob Wheelers old RMNF, this is a new board, well few years old now, lot of familiar names here, same Mosins :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

highriser427 wrote:Hi I am a collector of milsurp rifles, I have a number of Moisn rifles and want to find out more about them on the Moisn site. Thanks Lee :wave.gif:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tacticaltimmy wrote:Hi everybody!
My name is Tyler and I have been a mosin fan for a while...but I just finally purchased one. I have been keeping my eye out for a HEX receiver for a long time now. They stopped selling them at the local Big 5 and Cabelas has been sold out...So i thought things were kind of strange. So anyway I had been subscribed to Classic Firearms email alerts and April 22 I ordered a Mosin HEX Izhevsk reciever. SHe is a beaut! They say that this latest batch came from Ukraine...and there is no cosmoline to be found on it. Can anybody give me any information about Ukraine stock/surplus market? Or why there is no cosmoline..? I have a 1931 with all matching numbers. I will try to post pics..-Tyler
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New member

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Rustynail wrote:First off I would like to say hi all, I am a new mosin m91/30 owner for a few months now and proud of it. Doing a search for a mosin nagant PU sniper model I ran across you guys and look foward to hearing more from y'all in the future. I have recently become interested in collecting and getting serious with these rifle. Let me know what y'all think, here is my rifle I also have ordered a original surplus sling and a crate of 147gr russian light ball ammunition.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to load pictures I will try to post them tomorrow.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

dave wrote:Thank you all for allowing me to join your forum. Dolk has been very helpful in assisting me.I have a recently purchased type 53 and am really enjoying the ability to fire many rounds on the cheep.am wondering where to look for any information on the various types of surplus ammo.
Welcome to the board Dave :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Deadeye0ldFoag wrote:Howdy, fellas! Glad to be here. I've owned a MN for about 5 years, now. I'll be sharing what I don't know about them, and posting mine later. :brows:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ryan7 wrote:new member, have 2 mosins and a t53
Theodore Roosevelt
RCC

Post by RCC »

Hello all , here is my intro post to this forum. I'm relatively new to Mosins and Russian guns but not new to firearms.

As of now I have a Mosin M44, a few AK's and a PSL. I plan to purchase a few more Mosins as soon as I find the right guns to add to my collection.

Here's my M44-

Win Chester

Post by Win Chester »

A couple of photos from an old Mosin.
Can anybody identify this old girl?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
madmax1299

Post by madmax1299 »

hello everyone!
Crispytoad08

Post by Crispytoad08 »

Hello like minded firearm lovers , im new to this site , just bought my first mosin surplus carbine , 1944 ,M 44 , Super clean no sign that the weapon was ever issued !no scratches ,no wear marks ,all matching serial numbers, beautiful gun . It was imported to my local gun store by a well known importer. I wanted to test fire the weapon on memorial day , but i want to get the headspace checked first for safety , i cant get the gauges shipped here fast enough , and none of my local gun stores can check headspace on a mosin. The fact that the gun was never issued leads me to wonder if it's safe to shoot. Do you all agree I should wait until I check the headspace before I fire a shot ? Jack M.
Rem6a

Post by Rem6a »

Hi RMNF
I have been collecting a couple Mosin rifles now and decided the forum had too many great answers to keep lurking around. Thanks for all the information and looking forward to seeing the pictures finally. Looking forward to seeking help once I can upload a couple pictures too!
JBEN

Post by JBEN »

Great site. Lots of info. Thanks!