New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
1984Landcruiser

New Member from Colorado

Post by 1984Landcruiser »

Greetings - I purchased my first Moison-Nagant yesterday (a 1944 Tula 91-30 with a reused hexagonal receiver). I realize that I have a lot to learn about these rifles so I signed up for this forum. Thanks for letting me join!

David from Colorado
superhornet

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by superhornet »

Hi all, I'm the new guy in town, I count on you to show me tricks to purchase a good NM rifle. :wave.gif:
BTW, I live in France where everything costs twice as much as in the US.
superhornet

Post by superhornet »

Hi guys and gals,

I'm the new MN geek in town, hope this forum will teach me how to choose my first MN rifle.
BTW I live in France, the MN is sold around 300 euros here, yeah I know we pay big $$$ compared to you folks in the US.

See ya. :wave.gif:
1984Landcruiser

Post by 1984Landcruiser »

superhornet wrote:Hi guys and gals,

I'm the new MN geek in town, hope this forum will teach me how to choose my first MN rifle.
BTW I live in France, the MN is sold around 300 euros here, yeah I know we pay big $$$ compared to you folks in the US.

See ya. :wave.gif:
Welcome Superhornet!

Greetings from Colorado. That's quite a difference in price. For reference, I paid $175 for my 1944 MN this week.

Sincerely,
David
superhornet

Post by superhornet »

Hi David,

Congrats for the purchase of your first MN, you must be a happy man.
Let us know how it does on the range.

Best.
texmac1

Post by texmac1 »

Hello every one I am in south Texas, Found this site while looking for information on the 91/30 rifles. I have several Mosins in my collection and just decided to do a little research on them and thought this was a good place to start. I am a FFL and sot 3 dealer with a store in Richmond Texas. Not here to sell guns just learn about the Mosins, Happy to help members in the area if they find that one of and need a ship to ffl.

I do have several rifles I need some help with Remington 91/30, 91/30 in cal .22, a Mosin sniper Rifle,

Glad to be Here !
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

texmac1 wrote:Hello every one I am in south Texas, Found this site while looking for information on the 91/30 rifles. I have several Mosins in my collection and just decided to do a little research on them and thought this was a good place to start. I am a FFL and sot 3 dealer with a store in Richmond Texas. Not here to sell guns just learn about the Mosins, Happy to help members in the area if they find that one of and need a ship to ffl.

I do have several rifles I need some help with Remington 91/30, 91/30 in cal .22, a Mosin sniper Rifle,

Glad to be Here !

:alien:

Welcome aboard!

You say a Remington 91/30 & a 91/30 in cal .22?

Curious to see those. :D
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
texmac1

Post by texmac1 »

Will post photos, My interest in Mosins increased when I picked up the 91/30 Sniper at a auction no one seemed too interested in it. Once I got it in the shop checked it out 1943 dated, serial number on scope mount-Rifle stock-bolt-trigger guard-butt plate all matching, scope dated 1943 -period sling -no importers mark on the gun.

The Remington looks like a contact gun, The 22 like a m44 without the bayonet
clickclackbang

Post by clickclackbang »

Hello Everybody.

I've purchased 3 Mosin's in the past 24 hours and figured I should probably register here to learn more about them. I got my C&R in march and have purchased a couple of swiss k31's and a 1950 Tuls SKS, as well.

The first Nagant I bought is a hex receiver Izhevsk. The second is a Finn p-26 (hex). The third appears to be a 1941 Izhevsk Finn. (it's got a hammer and sickle, but a boxed "SA" is stamped on the receiver/barrel).

I'll post pictures as soon as I'm able.

Thanks for having me.
Moe

Post by Moe »

Hello all, NICE forum layout!
Someone is handing me a dirty old rifle (first one) and it looks a lot like what you people are worshiping here. I promise to try and sort it out myself with what must be a vast archive but I might need a push in the right direction as I see from a linked newbe page (Mosin ID 101) this could get a little goofy. I look forward to spending the time studying its marks and numbers and if it's nothing special... hope to remove what looks like years of patina and actually shoot this Mosin Nagant 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"the enemy of my enemy... is my friend"
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

Moe wrote:Hello all, NICE forum layout!
Someone is handing me a dirty old rifle (first one) and it looks a lot like what you people are worshiping here. I promise to try and sort it out myself with what must be a vast archive but I might need a push in the right direction as I see from a linked newbe page (Mosin ID 101) this could get a little goofy. I look forward to spending the time studying its marks and numbers and if it's nothing special... hope to remove what looks like years of patina and actually shoot this Mosin Nagant 8-)
Hello Moe. It appears tha you have an M44. It has certainly been to the wars. Someone removed the integral bayonet, and bent the bolt. It isn't collectable, but may be a nice shooter.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
Ajs-60

Post by Ajs-60 »

Hello everyone. Just joined the forum to learn what I can about the mosin platform. Just picked up a carbine with attached bayonet. Believe it's a m44 but will need to verify
Moe

Post by Moe »

Thanks for that information friend, now I can get to the business of cleaning it up. Can the bayonet be replaced or was that cut away and ground down?
"the enemy of my enemy... is my friend"
Dallas

Post by Dallas »

Brand new to the forum, I have 2 nagants 1 as new 91/59 Izhevsk carbine 1943r and one I just aquired that is a finnish M27 titkakoski with SA barrel, hex receiver. I've always been a 98 mauser collector but fell into these 2 nagants, funny thing I might ask about is the russian carbine eats all the ammo I put in it but the Finn will take silver tip and normal mil surp but will not chamber the russian hunting ammo, The bolt has to be palm smacked to close and if you try to eject the round it will pull the bullet from the case leaving plenty of powder and the bullet in the bore and I have to knock it out with the cleaning rod. Weird has anyone else had this condition?? THANKS and HI to All. Dallas
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Fboyj wrote:Hello all. New member from Florida. I have been gathering mosin a for about 5 years and I have three 91/30 refurbs, a Finn capture M91 dated 1900 and a polish M44.I have been here in Florida since 1989 and I work as a firefighter/paramedic in south Florida.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

knatori wrote:Hi everyone! Newbie 7.62x54R Shooter here!!! Thanks for having me because I have a lot of newbie questions!
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Texxut wrote:Hello, My name is Texxut and I'm a Mosinaholic. I've been reading here for a while and it looks like a good place for me.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tom8673 wrote:Hi everyone my name is Tom I'm from the UK and am picking up my first ever mosin m44 this weekend so I thought why not join a forum and learn as much as I can about the history of the mosin.
Welcome to the board Tom :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Member from Colorado

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

1984Landcruiser wrote:Greetings - I purchased my first Moison-Nagant yesterday (a 1944 Tula 91-30 with a reused hexagonal receiver). I realize that I have a lot to learn about these rifles so I signed up for this forum. Thanks for letting me join!

David from Colorado
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

superhornet wrote:Hi all, I'm the new guy in town, I count on you to show me tricks to purchase a good NM rifle. :wave.gif:
BTW, I live in France where everything costs twice as much as in the US.
Welcome to the board, I live in New York were everything costs three times as much as the same thing anywhere else in the world. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt