New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
EthanFrostrider

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by EthanFrostrider »

Hi and Hello to all. I have questions about markings on my 1941 Molot Mosin Izhevsk. Can anyone give me a hand
aymonjp

Post by aymonjp »

bonjour je suis Suisse et colectioneur des revolvers à poudre noir (Replique)les armes d'ordonance Suisse et des Leufaucheux des SKS un russe de 1956 et un chinois de l'usine 016 Mosin Nagan en 22LR un Fass 57 et un 90 Suisse
hello I am Swiss and colectioneur black powder revolvers (replica) firearms ordinance of Switzerland and Leufaucheux a Russian SKS 1956 and a Chinese factory 016 Mosin Nagan 22LR in a Fass 57 and 90 Switzerland
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

aymonjp wrote:bonjour je suis Suisse et colectioneur des revolvers à poudre noir (Replique)les armes d'ordonance Suisse et des Leufaucheux des SKS un russe de 1956 et un chinois de l'usine 016 Mosin Nagan en 22LR un Fass 57 et un 90 Suisse
hello I am Swiss and colectioneur black powder revolvers (replica) firearms ordinance of Switzerland and Leufaucheux a Russian SKS 1956 and a Chinese factory 016 Mosin Nagan 22LR in a Fass 57 and 90 Switzerland
Welcome to the board, you will find that many of us here have one or more Swiss military rifles in our collections, Vetterli's, to K31's, some of us have more than one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

EthanFrostrider wrote:Hey, this is Ethan. I have just got my first mosin molot. I would like to know more about molot and how long have they been around.
Molot is just a commercial firearms company in Russia, they have been around ten years or less I think.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

EthanFrostrider wrote:I don't know if I am doing this right, but if so can some one tell me a bit about the mosin molot rifle. I have just got one and not recognizing and markings
For the most part it's just another Soviet rifle that Molot may or may not refurbish before selling it here in the states and other countries. They also put Russian required proof and inspection markings on some of the parts, but otherwise it's the same WW2 battle rifle I was buying from the Soviet era hoard in Ukraine ten years ago.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

EthanFrostrider wrote:Hi and Hello to all. I have questions about markings on my 1941 Molot Mosin Izhevsk. Can anyone give me a hand
Yes, but first you have to ask the specific questions :lol: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
chief1911

Post by chief1911 »

New member from North Texas. I own a Finnish M-39, and two russian models an M 44 and a Ishevsk 91/30. I shoot them from time to time and love them all.
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
EthanFrostrider wrote:Hi and Hello to all. I have questions about markings on my 1941 Molot Mosin Izhevsk. Can anyone give me a hand
Yes, but first you have to ask the specific questions :lol: :thumbsup:
And post pictures of the markings too.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
derghost

Post by derghost »

I too am new to this forum. Greetings to all. I have been an avid collector for many years and continue to look for the Holy Grail (actually plural). Thanks for a great site.
Lyle22

Post by Lyle22 »

Hi all,
Stumbled onto the site, doing research on what will be my first Mosin purchase. Local dealer has an M44 for sale ($249.00), as soon as I can snap a few pics, I plan to post for some much needed help identifying.
kawa

New guy in town

Post by kawa »

I am new to this forum as well as the Mosin. gathering as much info as my old brain can absorb. Thinking about a slight custom to my M44 which would include a bent bolt for a scope. (Did I mention I am old) I am reluctant to modify the original bolt and have thought about obtaining an additional bolt for this bending job. What are the ramifications of using another bolt?
Thanks in advance.
Kawa (Rog)
barnacle59

Re: New Members, Make your first post here

Post by barnacle59 »

Hi, Barnacle here....after owning a '39 Izhevsk, a '40 Tula, a '42 Izhevsk and now the only one left that I own a '43 all-matching Izhevsk it is good to learn more about the rugged and reliable rifles!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

chief1911 wrote:New member from North Texas. I own a Finnish M-39, and two russian models an M 44 and a Ishevsk 91/30. I shoot them from time to time and love them all.
Good morning Chief, welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

NoSuBjEcT wrote:Handloading 7.62x54r right now :-D
Glad to hear it, welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

derghost wrote:I too am new to this forum. Greetings to all. I have been an avid collector for many years and continue to look for the Holy Grail (actually plural). Thanks for a great site.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Lyle22 wrote:Hi all,
Stumbled onto the site, doing research on what will be my first Mosin purchase. Local dealer has an M44 for sale ($249.00), as soon as I can snap a few pics, I plan to post for some much needed help identifying.
Welcome to the board, that is a typical M44 price these days. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New guy in town

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

kawa wrote:I am new to this forum as well as the Mosin. gathering as much info as my old brain can absorb. Thinking about a slight custom to my M44 which would include a bent bolt for a scope. (Did I mention I am old) I am reluctant to modify the original bolt and have thought about obtaining an additional bolt for this bending job. What are the ramifications of using another bolt?
Thanks in advance.
Kawa (Rog)
Good idea not modifying the original serial numbered bolt, that would ruin the rifles value. Gunbroker and EBay are full of bent bolt bodys. You must recheck the rifles headspace after changing a bolt part, Headspace gauges are available from Okie , just click on the Okie banner at the top of any board page.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

barnacle59 wrote:Hi, Barnacle here....after owning a '39 Izhevsk, a '40 Tula, a '42 Izhevsk and now the only one left that I own a '43 all-matching Izhevsk it is good to learn more about the rugged and reliable rifles!
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
rock

Post by rock »

Hello,
hello to all,looks like a great forum to meet and greet about the mosins
thank you rock
TripleS

Post by TripleS »

I am also new here! I found this site today while searching for info on a recent 91/30 purchase. From what I see so far its a great site and I hope to be on regularly.

A little about myself! I recently started collecting 91/30's and have been addicted since my first a few months ago. A close friend (and new member here as well) derghost got me started a few months ago while at a gun show while searching for a special marking for him. Fortunately for him we found one, then another. He bought one and I asked about the other. I asked if it was my first would it be one to buy. So I came home with a 42/46 MO Izhevsk and started reading and searching what I could find about them. I'm still learning but having fun at the same time. Now that I have a few I want more.