New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tex_gunny wrote:Names Andrew , 23 from Ft worth. Looking to buy my first rifle and settled on getting on a mosin

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the board Andrew, going to buy a new 91/30? Good idea, good selection still exists, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
tex_gunny

Post by tex_gunny »

I might just have to commit the cardinal sin of cabelas. Pawn shops and ranges are all out here

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tex_gunny wrote:I might just have to commit the cardinal sin of cabelas. Pawn shops and ranges are all out here

Cabela's 91/30's are pretty much the same as anyone's 91/30's.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
nissan2013

Post by nissan2013 »

Hi, I am happy to be given the opportunity to this site.
nissan2013

Post by nissan2013 »

what does the MO on my 1938 mosin mean?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

nissan2013 wrote:what does the MO on my 1938 mosin mean?
Welcome to the board, in short, nobody knows what the MO means, but everyone has a theory. The Soviets don't share information on arms production, or markings, The MO is just one of many markings we have no clue about. Moscow department of sanitation truck convoy guards is my theory :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
f35raptor

Post by f35raptor »

Hi there go my first mosin nagant a couple months back, actually first firearm I have ever bought.(don't worry I got it from my friend who has better knowledge about gun/safty and has been teaching me a lot of information, I keep it locked up safe in his gun safe until I move out this spring, early summer, my parents hate guns) btw im 22 male. I could go on with a story but will cut it short.:) I will get a picture of my 91 up in a hour after I find one, I go out shooting ever weekend love the gun, put a good 20 35 rounds threw every time I go out, will have to order more ammo here soon have 120 or so rounds left.
f35raptor

Post by f35raptor »

hello all, bought my first mosin nagant a few months back, actually my first firearm and first gun I have ever shoot. im 22 male. I got the gun from my friend who need the money at the time. my friend has been teaching me a lot of good information in the last couple months on firearms safety as well:), will get some pics up latter today or tomorrow. I belive it is the 91/? don't remember the rest. this is the short version of the story and why its my first gun:)
nissan2013

Post by nissan2013 »

Thank you I have read a lot of data and they say Ministry of Defense. ?????? but why stamp 46 as the year it went MO? The 1938 "Izhevsk" that I just purchase has matching #s some minor scratches on the stock, good rifling and arsenal marks on stock and receiver. I paid $150 at a local sports store. I am waiting for NoGo and Field guages from Okie. Then off to shoot it. Oh! I used a bore led to align front site.
stechkin

Post by stechkin »

Hello from VA. I have always loved the Mosin rifle and look forward to getting back into collecting them.
mosin joe 757

Post by mosin joe 757 »

Hello to the Mosin Nagant Forum members.

My name is Joe and I am a mosin nagant addict. I have enjoyed reading the posts as a guest and have learned a lot. the think the most important thing I have learned is to not alter my mosin nagants. The history of these old rifles is something I have much respect for.

My first purchase in the military surplus world was a 1933 Tula 91/30 in a post war stock back in 2009. I now have six mosins, including a 1944 Finn 91/30 with a round receiver, wartime potbelly stock, and a 1929 Izhevsk 91/30 ex-dragoon with a pre-war stock.

I will post some pictures of the collection soon, and am looking forward to being part of this forum.

Thanks to everyone who has posted here for all of the information that I have learned about these cool old rifles.

A special thanks to Dolk and JYD for e-mailing me when I had difficulty logging on for the first time.

Joe
zachslade1992

Post by zachslade1992 »

hello everyone,
Recently bought a 1943 pu sniper, but the sight was made in 1954, im going to look around this forum and find the right spot to post some pictures of it to see if someone can help me find out what exactly i got.

Thanks
beeks919

Post by beeks919 »

Hey, it's my first post!
:biggrin:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

f35raptor wrote:Hi there go my first mosin nagant a couple months back, actually first firearm I have ever bought.(don't worry I got it from my friend who has better knowledge about gun/safty and has been teaching me a lot of information, I keep it locked up safe in his gun safe until I move out this spring, early summer, my parents hate guns) btw im 22 male. I could go on with a story but will cut it short.:) I will get a picture of my 91 up in a hour after I find one, I go out shooting ever weekend love the gun, put a good 20 35 rounds threw every time I go out, will have to order more ammo here soon have 120 or so rounds left.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

f35raptor wrote:hello all, bought my first mosin nagant a few months back, actually my first firearm and first gun I have ever shoot. im 22 male. I got the gun from my friend who need the money at the time. my friend has been teaching me a lot of good information in the last couple months on firearms safety as well:), will get some pics up latter today or tomorrow. I belive it is the 91/? don't remember the rest. this is the short version of the story and why its my first gun:)
Welcome to the board :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

nissan2013 wrote:Thank you I have read a lot of data and they say Ministry of Defense. ?????? but why stamp 46 as the year it went MO? The 1938 "Izhevsk" that I just purchase has matching #s some minor scratches on the stock, good rifling and arsenal marks on stock and receiver. I paid $150 at a local sports store. I am waiting for NoGo and Field guages from Okie. Then off to shoot it. Oh! I used a bore led to align front site.
Ministry of Defense is just one of the many theory's about the meaning of the MO mark, the Soviets have not confirmed or denied this, they say nothing at all.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

stechkin wrote:Hello from VA. I have always loved the Mosin rifle and look forward to getting back into collecting them.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mosin joe 757 wrote:Hello to the Mosin Nagant Forum members.

My name is Joe and I am a mosin nagant addict. I have enjoyed reading the posts as a guest and have learned a lot. the think the most important thing I have learned is to not alter my mosin nagants. The history of these old rifles is something I have much respect for.

My first purchase in the military surplus world was a 1933 Tula 91/30 in a post war stock back in 2009. I now have six mosins, including a 1944 Finn 91/30 with a round receiver, wartime potbelly stock, and a 1929 Izhevsk 91/30 ex-dragoon with a pre-war stock.

I will post some pictures of the collection soon, and am looking forward to being part of this forum.

Thanks to everyone who has posted here for all of the information that I have learned about these cool old rifles.

A special thanks to Dolk and JYD for e-mailing me when I had difficulty logging on for the first time.

Joe
Welcome to the board Joe. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

zachslade1992 wrote:hello everyone,
Recently bought a 1943 pu sniper, but the sight was made in 1954, im going to look around this forum and find the right spot to post some pictures of it to see if someone can help me find out what exactly i got.

Thanks
Welcome to the board Zach :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

beeks919 wrote:Hey, it's my first post!
:biggrin:
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt