New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

phayamoa1986 wrote:This is my first post. Please do not disable my account or I will have to create a fifth account with a different email because all my previous ones got disabled.
Welcome to the board, your account is fine, you post is here :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tennesseemosinman wrote:Hello, im here! its great to see people who care about an old war horse like the mosin nagant. now I only have one Chinese t53 atm but I am planning to get more (because they're so cheap and fun to shoot.)
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

meisser nagant wrote:Hi
I'm also new here, looking and hoping to get more information about the nice mosin nagant rifles that where made before 1945. Have a few in collection and looking to find out more from them.
I will shortly post some pictures and more detailed information. The nicest piece is one from my grandfather that was handed to him right after the war ended. I'll also type that story down a bit later.
Welcome to the board, look forward to reading about Grandpas Mosin :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

kikicoco1334 wrote:Hey all. new here, just want to say hi.

I have 3 Mosin right now they are all made in izhevsk.
1937 - my first mosin
1942 - the project mosin, hoping to attach my Simmons 8 point 4-12x40 scope on to it.
1943 - my absolute collectible. when i first got this sucker didn't think too much of it as I was cleaning it i found 3 holes in the revolver turned out it was one of the PEM sniper/ex-snipers. the holes has been filled but i'd like to hang on to it for now. don't have any plans with it just yet.

Thanks for having me, looking forward to the community.
Welcome to the board, sounds like an Ex sniper all right, taken from service because it no longer met the performance criteria demanded of a sniper rifle, we all wear out with age, now it's a 91/30 service rifle again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Walton Feep

Post by Walton Feep »

New member here. Just recently purchased a PU Sniper from SAMCO and a 1935 Tula from CDI. Photos soon. The Tula has been cleaned and had a range trip with good results. The sniper will be cleaned this week and make a trip very soon.

I am looking forward to learning from this community.

Best to all.
tex_gunny

Post by tex_gunny »

New member here! Looking to buy a mosin in the next few months. Have been drooling over them for a while now. Hoping to take it hog hunting in the summer

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk
mosin-m38

Post by mosin-m38 »

Hello all, new guy here. I have 1944 Izhevsk m38 I got from a big5 sale many years ago. Just recently got to a point where I could start shooting it. I have many question about barrel floating, bipods and if anyone has used those brass stacker scope mounts and the pros and con there of. Also if any one could direct me to the appropriate threads for such things I would really appreciate it.
Shortrnd

Post by Shortrnd »

Hey, Shortrnd here new to the Mosin/Nagant collector scene. I'm interested in aTula 31/90, any and all info is appreciated.
Dragon Tamer

Post by Dragon Tamer »

I'm new here but look forward to looking over the forums. I have 1939 Izhevsk 91/30 in excellent condition.
joker332

Post by joker332 »

Hello......new to the forum and a new Mosin owner. I found a 1942 Tula 91/30 at my local gun shop. I'm an avid shooter and out of all the weapons I own mu Mosin is my favorite. A piece of history that I can shoot....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Walton Feep wrote:New member here. Just recently purchased a PU Sniper from SAMCO and a 1935 Tula from CDI. Photos soon. The Tula has been cleaned and had a range trip with good results. The sniper will be cleaned this week and make a trip very soon.

I am looking forward to learning from this community.

Best to all.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tex_gunny wrote:New member here! Looking to buy a mosin in the next few months. Have been drooling over them for a while now. Hoping to take it hog hunting in the summer

Welcome to the board, and good luck with the hut, I love bacon :Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Shortrnd wrote:Hey, Shortrnd here new to the Mosin/Nagant collector scene. I'm interested in aTula 31/90, any and all info is appreciated.
Welcome to the board, have a look at the posts in the Mosin forum, you should find some info there on Tula as well as on the boards information page :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dragon Tamer wrote:I'm new here but look forward to looking over the forums. I have 1939 Izhevsk 91/30 in excellent condition.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

joker332 wrote:Hello......new to the forum and a new Mosin owner. I found a 1942 Tula 91/30 at my local gun shop. I'm an avid shooter and out of all the weapons I own mu Mosin is my favorite. A piece of history that I can shoot....
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
mustang6611

Post by mustang6611 »

Just got into the Mosin collecting got hooked on my first one hope to get more from what I have found out I have a 1938 Tula M91/30 Finn capture Russian recapture rifle by the markings on the receiver
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mustang6611 wrote:Just got into the Mosin collecting got hooked on my first one hope to get more from what I have found out I have a 1938 Tula M91/30 Finn capture Russian recapture rifle by the markings on the receiver
Welcome to the board, nice find on that Finn :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
DeHunter74

Post by DeHunter74 »

Hello all my name is Weston and I have just joined the Mosin nagant family!
tex_gunny

Post by tex_gunny »

Names Andrew , 23 from Ft worth. Looking to buy my first rifle and settled on getting on a mosin

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

DeHunter74 wrote:Hello all my name is Weston and I have just joined the Mosin nagant family!
Welcome to the board Weston :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt