Crappy pics of my 1917 for the U.S. Rifle guys on here.

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Simo

Re: Crappy pics of my 1917 for the U.S. Rifle guys on here.

Post by Simo »

etprescottazusa91 wrote:Really nice 1917 I would have purchased over an AK anytime, I have only had buyers remorse when buying sight unseen from a distributor or big mail order out fit and getting something totally mismatched or just simply not worth the money, never on an over the counter or private sale where I could inspect the firearm. Plenty of sellers remorse though.
I've had sellers remorse every single time I've sold a firearm even if I came out on top.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
Themosinkid95

Post by Themosinkid95 »

do you plan on getting anymore m1917's or accessories or bayonets is there any rare versions of it
"Just when they think you're retreatin',you attack!"- Jeb Stuart
Simo

Post by Simo »

Themosinkid95 wrote:do you plan on getting anymore m1917's or accessories or bayonets is there any rare versions of it
you talking to me?
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
Themosinkid95

Post by Themosinkid95 »

Eddystone06 wrote:
Themosinkid95 wrote:do you plan on getting anymore m1917's or accessories or bayonets is there any rare versions of it
you talking to me?
Yes sir
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have four at last count, if one was to walk in the shop Monday morning it would be five, once the US milsurp bug sets in it never goes away. Yes, there are bayonets for them, have a care as they have been reproduced for more than ten years now. Winchester variations sell for a bit more due to the name and lower production numbers.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Simo

Post by Simo »

Themosinkid95 wrote:
Eddystone06 wrote:
you talking to me?
Yes sir
I have plans of owning every 1917 in existence but can only afford the one already have :wink: as for bayonets, I have set sail to find one but as JYD said there are too many repros out there and I refuse to buy one from the net unless I can return it if it turns out to be fake and accessories..... well that is its own collectors niche alone breech covers, muzzle covers 1910 cartridge belts so on and so one. most double 1903 accessories as 1917 accessories and while it is ok, there are actual 1917 designated accessories but they are freaking rare, very costly and most often fakes.

It is fun as all hell learning and searching for 1917 stuff but if you find em, you'd better have a separate bank account not linked to necessities :lol:

I once found a ww1 breech cover and Kerr sling it only cost $275 for the pair :beek:
Themosinkid95

Post by Themosinkid95 »

Ouch I didn't realize that that stuff cost so MUCH for a m1917 hey man good luck I heard cmp sells some things along that are NOS
Simo

Post by Simo »

Themosinkid95 wrote:Ouch I didn't realize that that stuff cost so MUCH for a m1917 hey man good luck I heard cmp sells some things along that are NOS
yeah :vcool: I don't do the CMP thing, I tried to order some stuff and just to buy a gauge one has to join this and that, send in this await for that, spend money to join here etc. or I can just spend 3 minutes and order from somewhere else :roll:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the world of US milsurps were a US M1905 bayonet can set you back over four 91/30's, and half a case of ammo.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Simo

Post by Simo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Welcome to the world of US milsurps were a US M1905 bayonet can set you back over four 91/30's, and half a case of ammo.
Right :lol:
Themosinkid95

Post by Themosinkid95 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Welcome to the world of US milsurps were a US M1905 bayonet can set you back over four 91/30's, and half a case of ammo.
Ain't that the truth