North Florida Spring-like weather

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
SA1911a1

Re: North Florida Spring-like weather

Post by SA1911a1 »

Hey Sonny! I was beginning to think that a bear had gotten hold of you, or maybe you were locked up. Good to see you back.

For the last three weeks or so we have gotten into a pattern of thunder showers, sometimes several a day. If not every day, is hasn't skipped more than a couple. You get cooling before they get here and it stays around after they leave. My wife and I were sitting on the front porch around 4:00 and it was 80 F, with a light breeze; damn nice change. With the later afternoon storm, it will (Southern) cool all evening.

The weather that I described was like the "Old normal" for our area. Who the hell knows what the new normal is like. Come Mid Aug- September, if the pattern holds, the rains will stop and it will be getting hot again, but the break has been appreciated. I don't too much want to remember it but between now and Thanksgiving is the time when the big storms can hunt us down, it has been relatively quite, I hope it isn't just winding up for the "big one."
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

SA1911a1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:08 pm Hey Sonny! I was beginning to think that a bear had gotten hold of you, or maybe you were locked up. Good to see you back.

For the last three weeks or so we have gotten into a pattern of thunder showers, sometimes several a day. If not every day, is hasn't skipped more than a couple. You get cooling before they get here and it stays around after they leave. My wife and I were sitting on the front porch around 4:00 and it was 80 F, with a light breeze; damn nice change. With the later afternoon storm, it will (Southern) cool all evening.

The weather that I described was like the "Old normal" for our area. Who the hell knows what the new normal is like. Come Mid Aug- September, if the pattern holds, the rains will stop and it will be getting hot again, but the break has been appreciated. I don't too much want to remember it but between now and Thanksgiving is the time when the big storms can hunt us down, it has been relatively quite, I hope it isn't just winding up for the "big one."
No grizz wants me as I'm to scrawny but they have been chasing horses south of us. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfMNHnpvDk&t=18s

As for the weather I'm just glad we didn't have a repeat of that heat wave we had last summer, man that was friggin' brutal. :shock:

And in another month the leaves will be turning colour. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Up near, at, or above 90 here for the last couple of weeks or longer, more to come. Rebuilt the riding mower carburetor yesterday, that pretty much took whatever energy I had left. Florida weather belongs there, not here.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt