best ammo for 91/30

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Maine 20th

Re: best ammo for 91/30

Post by Maine 20th »

Russian doctrine 1930 was volley fire. The average soldier fired when told to. Crossroads with enemy. Lay down as much as possible. You can see this in winter war with Finns. I fire what is good for that rifle. I reload but still use cheap surplus. Rounds down the range count. Shoot 200 rounds and you will feel it.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

The price of surplus is catching up with new production. I get consistent good accuracy out of the zinc coated silver bear, and it's non corrosive . Also No polymer residue if you get your chamber hot. As far as price, Check a website called Wiki-arms for any caliber you want. :thumbsup:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Surplus is catching up to new production? I like to hear that considering how much of it I am currently hoarding.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt