$663 for a 91/59???

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zeebill

Re: $663 for a 91/59???

Post by zeebill »

Frankly I am sick of people making comments on what other people pay for rifles they for the most part can't afford to buy. Who cares what they pay if it is more than either of us can pay. You have no way of knowing what their motivation was and it should be of no concern to you. You bailed out as I would have too but who really cares? Now to the poster of this one I apologize because it seems to be aimed at you but believe me you are not the only one so please don't take it personal. Like someone said on another post where an exorbitant price was paid for something, maybe he was completing a set or something you never really know nor should you really care. I paid $775 for a universal carbine with the wrong front sight, a sling, scabbard, butt stock mag pack, and 100 rounds of reloads. This was 15 years ago now why in the heck would I pay that much? I ain't telling you either! Then again if I didn't know why It would not and should not concern me. I admit if I knew the person I might ask but that is between the two of us and no one else's concern. Bill

PS yes I am a crotchety old buzzard!
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

zeebill wrote:Frankly I am sick of people making comments on what other people pay for rifles they for the most part can't afford to buy. Who cares what they pay if it is more than either of us can pay. You have no way of knowing what their motivation was and it should be of no concern to you. You bailed out as I would have too but who really cares? Now to the poster of this one I apologize because it seems to be aimed at you but believe me you are not the only one so please don't take it personal. Like someone said on another post where an exorbitant price was paid for something, maybe he was completing a set or something you never really know nor should you really care. I paid $775 for a universal carbine with the wrong front sight, a sling, scabbard, butt stock mag pack, and 100 rounds of reloads. This was 15 years ago now why in the heck would I pay that much? I ain't telling you either! Then again if I didn't know why It would not and should not concern me. I admit if I knew the person I might ask but that is between the two of us and no one else's concern. Bill

PS yes I am a crotchety old buzzard!
You blast me and then tell me not to take it personally...ok. Whatever you say. Pardon me. :roll: I'll remove the post. If I can figure out how. Ok I cant remove it, I reported the post and asked to have it removed. Have a nice day.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

It was meant as a general blast and you were in range? Does that sooth your feelings a bit? No reason to remove it just sort of take in under advisement maybe or if you wish ignore it! I am just making a point I feel is missed by many. Bill
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

This is a discussion board (forum). If you do not want to read the discussions or it offends you or "makes you sick", then I suggest you don't read them.

Administrators are available through the PM system on the board if you have problems. No one except Administrators have the right to restrict discussions. If someone is breaking the rules, you can "remind them" of the rules, but leave the heavy lifting to the Admins. :wink:

Have some fun!!!!! ;mywink;