1914 M91/38

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
qz2026

Re: 1914 M91/38

Post by qz2026 »

Don't degrade this carbine. Sure, it's not a Cossack, a Frenchy, Sestroryetsk, Remington, NEW or an antique but it is a beautiful and uncommon carbine. Ask Neal how many you see with a 1914 or later date? Extra bonus IMHO that it is in an M-91 stock. Half or less of these are in the cut down imperial stocks. Most of mine with M-91 stocks are pre 20th century. The stampings on the shank and the finish is impeccable. This rifle was had at less than it would have gone at the auctions. You did well, and are now the owner of a special Mosin. This is why I said I would have immediately snatched it up with a bit of negotiating. But, alas, I am in Michigan. Congrats! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

[quote="qz2026"]Don't degrade this carbine. Sure, it's not a Cossack, a Frenchy, Sestroryetsk, Remington, NEW or an antique but it is a beautiful and uncommon carbine. Ask Neal how many you see with a 1914 or later date? Extra bonus IMHO that it is in an M-91 stock. Half or less of these are in the cut down imperial stocks. Most of mine with M-91 stocks are pre 20th century. The stampings on the shank and the finish is impeccable. This rifle was had at less than it would have gone at the auctions. You did well, and are now the owner of a special Mosin. This is why I said I would have immediately snatched it up with a bit of negotiating. But, alas, I am in Michigan. Congrats! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I knew you would love this one :D

Post by WWW »

qz2026 wrote:Don't degrade this carbine. Sure, it's not a Cossack, a Frenchy, Sestroryetsk, Remington, NEW or an antique but it is a beautiful and uncommon carbine. Ask Neal how many you see with a 1914 or later date? Extra bonus IMHO that it is in an M-91 stock. Half or less of these are in the cut down imperial stocks. Most of mine with M-91 stocks are pre 20th century. The stampings on the shank and the finish is impeccable. This rifle was had at less than it would have gone at the auctions. You did well, and are now the owner of a special Mosin. This is why I said I would have immediately snatched it up with a bit of negotiating. But, alas, I am in Michigan. Congrats! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks! So tell me... are you trying to get one of every year? lol

And thanks, everyone, for the encouragement, as if I need any. The wife gave gave me her blessing to get this rifle, but mentioned that I have a problem. Tell me something I don't know! :chuckles:

Neal, I assume this was not in your database previously? The dealer did have other 91/38's that he sold over the years. This was his last one.
Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Papers #29: ...if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens.
neal45

Post by neal45 »

It is a great, and valuable addition to your (anyone's) collection. No it was not in my database.

1914s are not uncommon in 91/38s, but that is relative because all 91/38s are uncommon.

I have 2 Tulas and 7 Izhevsks 1914s in my database of 119 91/38s.

Later ones include 5 1915s (with a NEW and Sestroryetsk), 1 Tula 1916 , 1 Remington 1917 and 1 Izhevsk1920.