My first Mosin Nagant (1947 M44)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
steelbuttplate

Re: My first Mosin Nagant (1947 M44)

Post by steelbuttplate »

Some people act out of ignorance, there hasn't been a $89. Mosin for 5 yrs at least. I paid $125 for my '47 5 yrs ago. Jenna it sounds like you might have a '43 Tula M 38 which is a rare one if I remember right, the Tula plant was captured and only ran a short period in '43.Does it have a star on the receiver? Do some research on here and watch Gun broker before you buy or sell anything..It' s been a buyers market for the past few months. Welcome to the board :wave.gif: ......betcha can't buy just one.......Steelbuttplate
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

dbfan2007 wrote:Some other guy asked why I priced it so high because he knows of a store selling Mosins for $89.99. I called the only gun store in the city he mentioned and they don't even have Mosins. Why do people act like that?
The world is full of people that will lie to you. The guy may have paid 125.00 but that doesn't determine the current value. The 2nd guy is lying. Flat out.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

All that matters is what is in your collection and how you value it. People talk a lot of BS about these rifles all the time, including how much they just paid for them. You learn pretty quickly who is reliable and who is not. If you say that you paid $200 for a rifle, inevitably someone will tell you that he recently paid $100 for the same rifle just to one-up you.

People talk a lot of schmick about milsurps-- and about weapons generally. The real blow-hards are identifiable almost at once. These are people without a sense of self-worth who try to fabricate it by making outlandish claims or by talking trash about other's finds. There are people who will "pronounce" on rifles they haven't even seen, even in pics. Don't let them bother you.