Just got Arisaka Battlefield Pickup & WW2 Scrapbook & Papers

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Re: Just got Arisaka Battlefield Pickup & WW2 Scrapbook & Pa

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

:ani-pop: :ani-pop:
Longcolt44 wrote:
Tennessee_Mosin wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:I just have to jump back in here to say how incredible this find is. I have log books, photo albums and a book of poems my dad wrote about his shipmates and to my mother during the war. I just sent in and got his records including his DD 214 exit papers. Thanks so much for sharing these with us.

Sounds great Longcolt,can you post a few pics?

What ships,times years etc?
I haven't taken any pictures as yet. Time is a big thief.
Tennessee_Mosin
Location: Middle Tennessee/North Alabama/Northeast Mississippi (The Tri-land)

Re: Just got Arisaka Battlefield Pickup & WW2 Scrapbook & Pa

Post by Tennessee_Mosin »

wjt4 wrote:I agree, a very awesome find. Personally, I couldn't leave the rifle in that state. I would have to clean it and give it some TLC. Just because the owner picked it up and then let it go to hell doesn't mean that it has to stay that way. In my mind, I would want to try and preserve what was left of it for future generations. That's just me though.

Wjt4
I am going to leave the rifle as is.

I just really think there might not be another WW2 battlefield rifle in this original perserved condition,the paperwork and everything proves that this is the real deal.

I think it just reeks of history every time I touch it.

My brother in law is building me a shadow box..