Manufacturing Specifications for 7.62x54R Mosin Nagants

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
The Bolt Man

Re: Manufacturing Specifications for 7.62x54R Mosin Nagants

Post by The Bolt Man »

I guess the best I can hope for would be to find the specifications the Russians would have supplied the U.S. when they contracted us to manufacture the 91-30 Mosin Nagant rifles for them. I am not sure how to find this information. Any help will be appreciated.
qz2026

Re: Manufacturing Specifications for 7.62x54R Mosin Nagants

Post by qz2026 »

Russia didn't contract the U.S. to make 91/30's. They contracted with various U.S. companies to make M-91's prior to the Russian Revolution. Remington and Westinghouse had the bulk of the orders. Best bet would be to contact them. Good luck...