What to collect

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: What to collect

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I think Okie is running a sale so now is the time.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jones0430

Post by jones0430 »

A as far as cleaning devices, consider pull cords rather than rods. They both work well, the main advantage for pull cords being that you don't beat the snot out of your muzzle.
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

I will say for me it's the thrill of the hunt, and i try to keep my per rifle spend under $250 shipped. You would be amazed at the great deals that are out there if you look.. Even online good deals can be had if you act fast, and know what to look for.. Act fast though as prices are on an upward trend !! Enjoy and welcome to the madness !!
h bone

Post by h bone »

I agree with JYD. Collect what you like. And in my opinion always buy the best you can afford. Condition is everything.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Have fun with it and if you like it..buy it. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
OLd_Sarg

Post by OLd_Sarg »

Sonny wrote:IMO everyone needs a mauser... :thumbsup:
even if it is a Mitchell’s Mauser?

:kilgo:

actually I have one I got for a fair price that is shooting 7/8" groups with a no drill or tap scout scope with no sweat,
I wouldn't trash a Mauser like that and it is sad that it is done.
but it is a good one for the pickup rack, many a varmint has been slapped down hard with the old 8mm :mrgreen:

by the way on the collection it is hard not to like them all!
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Welcome to the RMNF, pick yourself up what you like. Maybe look at the Showcase Mosins, or the old threads. But watch out for those Finn's. Those are habit forming just my :2cents: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote