M39 fin sako or sky worth it or not?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
berkmberk1

Re: M39 fin sako or sky worth it or not?

Post by berkmberk1 »

Everyone should own AT LEAST one! I bought my three from Pat Burns for from a low $300s model to a mid-$400s one. If you have (or get) a C&R license, your options multiply exponentially. I have seen some decent ones on Gun Broker go for less than $300.........you just have to find one and bid on it, and hope that at that point in time either hardly no one is looking for one, or they didn't spot it yet. On the flip side, I saw one last weekend that wasn't any better than the best ones from Pat B, go for OVER $700 :big shock: :big shock: :big shock: Someone wanted a 39 REALLY BADLY!!!

It also depends on what you want..........my first one was my first C&R purchase......I bought it because I liked the way it looked, and I read they were good weapons. The second was one of the "nearly new" arsenal rebuilt ones......real clean.....top shape.......its my keeper/"investment" so to speak........haven't even shot it yet My last one I bought for the unique receiver markings......its about a 25-30 percent finish/combat beatup stocked/tired looking warhorse, but I jumped on it because it still had the Imperial Eagle on the receiver, overstamped with a Hungarian arsenal rebuild stamp from the Budapest arsenal.....and it looked cool. That framed my search mode from then on........items that are pretty one of a kind. Besides...............it shoots great!

Find one you like.......pay what you are willing to pay...........worry about the value in five or ten years when the supply has dried up..........you'll be ahead all the way around.
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
Armor, Cavalry, Infantry, Recruiting, Transportation
1st Cav, 4 ID, 8 ID, 82d Airborne