Retiring a Mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jonnyboy091373

Re: Retiring a Mosin

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

Sell it to a person who wants a wicked sweet project gun, and plans to drill and tap for a scope, parkerize, turned down bolt handle, the works. Just make sure to tell them this rifle is killer. But dont really do that...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:umno:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

ModelAUZI wrote:Wow sorry to see that. Time to get my Magnifier out.
I wonder if some of these kind of things happened when the rifle was refurbed. Maybe they over torqued the barrel on installation.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The barrel seems to be original to the receiver, barrels were not taken off for the refurb.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
MrJonathanMosin

Post by MrJonathanMosin »

Just got done tearing down my 1930 Hex, no problems. Found a bunch more marks on it though. Amazing what kind of neat stuff you can find when you are inspecting these babies close up. I'll get some pics up of this one.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt