two new members of the family.

Rim Fire Firearms
Celt

two new members of the family.

Post by Celt »

I lost two members of the family today but got two so.....Here they are. The Henry repeater I got instead of 200$s for my hi point 9mm. I think it was better for me than him. The other is a present to me for agreeing to move to Illinois. It is a heritage single action 22. Both will shoot short, long, or long rifle. I got the one with out the extra 22 mag cylinder cuz it wad a bit cheaper and I can always oder one from heritage later for 39 $s. I will take time out of getting packed up tomorrow and hit the range after work. I can't wait. I know they are not the big boys but both of these have been in my short list for a year. enjoy the picts, :pop:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Re: two new members of the family.

Post by Celt »

Just got done wiping down the Henry with some lemon oil and only found three small scratches. I almost feel bad about the trade :devil2: . I also may have fine out to the garage and test fired the rough rider SA. It went bang. Out shoot poa but it was only three feet away so I'll try 25 yards tomorrow since I want to take it squirrel hunting along with the repeater.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

Sweet! Your a .22 cowboy now haha. Where are the scratches on the henry? It looks good from the pics.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hey celt, man I am happy for you. You just cowboy'd right up! Very cool, lever and a single action, and a Winchester 555 bulk box from Walmart and you are set for serious fun. You are gonna be pleasantly surprised at the nice smooth operation of that Henry. :-) Oh, and both made in the USA :-) :-) :-)
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Nice, I would have made that trade all day long. :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Nice plinkers. A good pair.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Both are very nice, but it would take that state being the only radiation free place on earth for me to go after doomsday for me to move to a state even more anti gun than New York :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

Celt wrote:I lost two members of the family today but got two so.....Here they are. The Henry repeater I got instead of 200$s for my hi point 9mm. I think it was better for me than him. The other is a present to me for agreeing to move to Illinois. It is a heritage single action 22. Both will shoot short, long, or long rifle. I got the one with out the extra 22 mag cylinder cuz it wad a bit cheaper and I can always oder one from heritage later for 39 $s. I will take time out of getting packed up tomorrow and hit the range after work. I can't wait. I know they are not the big boys but both of these have been in my short list for a year. enjoy the picts, :pop:

having lived in wisconsin for 30+ years you got cheated. Illinois sucks and are not as friendly as nebraska or wisconsin. maybe give them the pistol back and move to wisconsin?
Camping is cheaper than therapy. San Diego,ca. usa
Celt

Post by Celt »

ponycarman wrote:Sweet! Your a .22 cowboy now haha. Where are the scratches on the henry? It looks good from the pics.

I'd take pictures of them but they are tiny. I also bought that lil SA cuz I quit smoking sat and that's more fun to play with than one of those stress ball things. Thanks for the complements guys.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

I also looked at that maverick 88 but just don't cotton to the idea of some parts made in Mexico and all the plastic. I'm just going to get a rifled barrel put on my single shot. If I send it in its only 75 dollars and I can put a20 gauge barrel on.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dam right it's more fun to play with, when I get good and pissed off I go out back and hit the trash burning drum with the .357, that drum is about to fall apart from all the holes in it :) Good deal on the smoking, now that should free up some more gun money :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Celt

Post by Celt »

I'm working my way up to a357 black hawk and Marlin to match. :D
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Very nice! I love the revolver!
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

Celt wrote:
ponycarman wrote:Sweet! Your a .22 cowboy now haha. Where are the scratches on the henry? It looks good from the pics.

I'd take pictures of them but they are tiny. I also bought that lil SA cuz I quit smoking sat and that's more fun to play with than one of those stress ball things. Thanks for the complements guys.
after smoking from sept 61-> i quit november 30,2009 i don't have any more money, buti have 1 less vice.
Camping is cheaper than therapy. San Diego,ca. usa
Mike

Post by Mike »

I missed the quitting smoking part, congratulations! I smoked my last cigarette at 10:20pm, 31 December 2001.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Celt

Post by Celt »

Thanks! Mine was sat morning sometime around 3am.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
swoop85

Post by swoop85 »

very nice !! congrats on the pair. Great trade. You are the winner on that deal 8-) 8-)
Celt

Post by Celt »

No range tonight! :angry4: closed on Wednesdays. I paid for membership and that's four different times i've gone out there and no bang! Tomorrow and the next night are booked loading the trucks. Who knows when I'll get to shoot. Could be a month at least..... :angry4:
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice Pair. :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

:D
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!