A Mosin "Where's Waldo" on CNN article

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
JayPoc

A Mosin "Where's Waldo" on CNN article

Post by JayPoc »

websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Re: A Mosin "Where's Waldo" on CNN article

Post by websterz »

'at'll learn 'em! :chuckles:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

i would have given them $100 for the carbine.
Camping is cheaper than therapy. San Diego,ca. usa
JayPoc

Post by JayPoc »

kermit wrote:i would have given them $100 for the carbine.
I know...."unwanted and unused"...sigh....
Mike

Post by Mike »

M44. :b sad:
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

What was this, another asshole gun buy back program? The carbine isn't your typical slum city bangers special, it's probably stolen and turned in as the only way the crackheads could find a buyer for it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:What was this, another asshole gun buy back program? The carbine isn't your typical slum city bangers special, it's probably stolen and turned in as the only way the crackheads could find a buyer for it.
i would have fixed problems and made it a shooter. i got to fire randver's M-44 last night at a range. 2 foot diameter fireball and very much louder than my 42Izhevsk M1891/30.. i let him shoot mine also. irishman made up our gun range get together. fun,and since AIM charged me it means "bill,your M-44 is on big brown truck". i will go shoot it next week. wooohooo how come i gotta say A$$h*#^e and you get to say the real nasty?? cause i am a newbie i bet... :D
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:bravo: :bdh: :bdh: I would have thought they could learn from everywhere else where violent crime is droping because of regular grannies and gramps are now packing. The no gun thing just does not work at all. Has been not working for near 20 year now :bdh: :bdh:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Dang a old Krag, and isn't that a Gew 88?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
JayPoc

Post by JayPoc »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:What was this, another asshole gun buy back program? The carbine isn't your typical slum city bangers special, it's probably stolen and turned in as the only way the crackheads could find a buyer for it.
Read the article...pretty funny actually. A group that runs a summer "gun camp" for kids sold all that stuff back, and bought modern firearms and ammo for the camp. They gamed the system, and it is awesome. Their angle was to gather up garbage guns that didn't work and were otherwise just scrap metal, and turn them in to new guns for the camp....The only thing I don't get is how the Mosin ended up in the garbage pile...from the looks of it, it would appear to be in really good condition...
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Ya i saw the gew there. Not sure if the krag would be worth the trouble though. I would have liked to be ther for some of those though. MAybe we should put together a mosin buy back program. Get all those nasty mosins off the street and give them to a good home....you know kinda like mine. I would love to adopt one. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Actually there are some revolvers in there that may have some good collector value. And the M44 looks as if it only needs a bolt and bayo. The Krag has some parts as well that could be used for restoration. I see a bunch of wasted potential. :vconfused:

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Looking again and in the lower left corner is what appears to be an Arisaka bolt and action. :cry:

Semper Fi, Rob
1938 Tula
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

JayPoc wrote:
Read the article...pretty funny actually. A group that runs a summer "gun camp" for kids sold all that stuff back, and bought modern firearms and ammo for the camp. They gamed the system, and it is awesome. Their angle was to gather up garbage guns that didn't work and were otherwise just scrap metal, and turn them in to new guns for the camp....The only thing I don't get is how the Mosin ended up in the garbage pile...from the looks of it, it would appear to be in really good condition...
Wasn't it an NRA run kids camp?

If a couple of milsurps have to die, at least the funding goes to letting kids learn to shoot.
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

Izhevsk762 wrote:
JayPoc wrote:
Wasn't it an NRA run kids camp?

If a couple of milsurps have to die, at least the funding goes to letting kids learn to shoot.
yes but they could have traded in SKS and mowzers.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

kermit wrote:
i would have fixed problems and made it a shooter. i got to fire randver's M-44 last night at a range. 2 foot diameter fireball and very much louder than my 42Izhevsk M1891/30.. i let him shoot mine also. irishman made up our gun range get together. fun,and since AIM charged me it means "bill,your M-44 is on big brown truck". i will go shoot it next week. wooohooo how come i gotta say A$$h*#^e and you get to say the real nasty?? cause i am a newbie i bet... :D
You will really like that M44 Kermit. You won't regret getting it trust me, I have 2 I got from them. They're a blast.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

kermit wrote:
I get to say asshole because I am a mean old junk man and it's the least nasty word in my repertoire of nasty words that could fill a dictionary :lol:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

i wonder if they come with carbine sling or regular mosin nagant M91/30 type.? i ran tracking and it shows monday delivery and adult signature required. i hope this driver don't need proof of age. :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Wonder if what comes with a carbine sling?????? This is a thread about gun buy backs, did you go and buy a new rifle?
Theodore Roosevelt
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Wonder if what comes with a carbine sling?????? This is a thread about gun buy backs, did you go and buy a new rifle?
Doesn't every thread turn into an excuse to buy another milsurp or two for somebody here on the forum??? :lol:

Semper Fi, Rob
1938 Tula