1943 Izhevsk picts and video(better JYD?)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Celt

Re: 1943 Izhevsk picts and video(better JYD?)

Post by Celt »

Like I said, its no JYD production...just switched it to YouTube. Changed the title just to confuse you boss :D
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Very nice, Celt :thumbsup:
Great pics.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Celt wrote:Like I said, its no JYD production...just switched it to YouTube. Changed the title just to confuse you boss :D
On a good day confusing me isn't hard to do, today isn't a good day, tomorrow isn't looking good either.... :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

i looked at serial number and found my 38Tula is PA 2228 that should be a flat topped A after P and before 2228 but i don't know how to do cyrillic.
Camping is cheaper than therapy. San Diego,ca. usa
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

damn,i had coffee coming out my nose and all over my keyboard. i watched this video and then the next one in line was about a 1943 and a 1944 M-44. so since i just ordered an M-44 saturday from AIM i had to look. this rockisland1913 sounds identical to junkyarddog. it was spooky and caught me be surprise. next time it will be sip-swallow click link. not sip-click spit all over.
Celt

Post by Celt »

kermit wrote:i looked at serial number and found my 38Tula is PA 2228 that should be a flat topped A after P and before 2228 but i don't know how to do cyrillic.
weird
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

pacanis wrote:Very nice, Celt :thumbsup:
Great pics.
Thank you. That means something coming f :D rom a super trooper like you
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
notabiker

Post by notabiker »

very nice find, this is a sickness. while out picking up my M- 44 yesterday that i should not have spent the money on. i stopped at a chain sporting goods store and they had a 1937 hex Tula in very good shape. mind you i bought 4 Mosins in about 5 weeks. i had to force myself out the door and not put a deposit on it. i cant get it off my mind. how can you go wrong with a 1937 hex Tula in great shape. :chuckles:
Celt

Post by Celt »

I was looking at the tang and there is no date. Its that usual on these rush job war time years?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
kermit
ban
ban

Post by kermit »

Celt wrote:I was looking at the tang and there is no date. Its that usual on these rush job war time years?
my 1942 Izhevsk has no tang date. just the triangle with arrow in it. the barrel is stamped tho'
Celt

Post by Celt »

Thanks for all the love everyone :D .
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

They did fore go some tang dating during the war years. It is obvious from the beaver chaw though that it is a war reciever. nice vid too Celt. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Celt

Post by Celt »

Thanks Mr D. I was actually pretty nervous. My hick accent got stronger somehow. :D
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

Just a quick update. After playing with this rifle for a couple of days I noticed several differences between it and my 35 tula. First off, I checked trigger pull on the 43 and its a bit stiffer. Also while showing it to a guy at work (yup, took it to work) there is no, and I mean no slop in the trigger. Not even a wiggle cocked or decocked . I also noticed when I took out the bolt to show off the shiny bore that I have to squeeze the trigger to get the bolt back in. . Not so with my 35. That bolt slides right in without touching the trigger. The two rifles are the same design..yet very different. Now I'll have to buy another just to see what differences there are between the three. :thumbsup:
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Every Mosin has some slight variation that sets it apart from all the other Mosins, you will be collecting variations for a very long time :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Celt wrote:I was looking at the tang and there is no date. Its that usual on these rush job war time years?
It's more common during the war years yes.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Did I see a Turkish Mauser in that other video you posted? We like those too.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Celt

Post by Celt »

Here is some more picts that show the rushed production. Also a very well done stock repair I just now found. Very well hidden. I finally got the last of the cosmoline! Range t :D ime.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Celt

Post by Celt »

Longcolt44 wrote:Did I see a Turkish Mauser in that other video you posted? We like those too.

Yes L.C., its a1940 k kale.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Themosinkid95

Post by Themosinkid95 »

I like. It
"Just when they think you're retreatin',you attack!"- Jeb Stuart