Suppressed Nagant revolver by ASA

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
sharpie443

Suppressed Nagant revolver by ASA

Post by sharpie443 »

I know that this is practically sacrilege that we did this but me and Chris each own a nagant revolver and love them. We saw the vidio of someone else doing this and I knew i could make a better video and he knew that he could make it no problem. All he did was thread the barrel so no real harm to the gun and he doesn't plan on selling it to anyone. If you haven't guessed by now i shoot and edit all his videos. That's why i get to shoot all his nice guns because i work for his business. I also have my own channel and normal I would only post video from that channel and not the business one but I am in this video and it is reverent to this forum. Hope you like it.

He did mess up twice in the video. He called it a Mosin Nagant revolver and he meant to say the adapter he made was the same diameter as the 7.62 nagant not that the 9mm and 7.62 are the same. We were both on the verge of heat stroke out there so don't crucify him for that.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n97Yrb-O ... AAAAAAAAAA[/BBvideo]
Last edited by sharpie443 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desdem12

Re: Suppressed Nagant revolver by ASA

Post by desdem12 »

Interesting. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Dragunov sniper 777

Post by Dragunov sniper 777 »

:big shock: :pop:
i am so poor i can only afford mustard and biscuits three times a week ..
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Well, with the difficulty involved in obtaining legal silencers I don't see many people altering their Nagants anytime soon. Altering it is, the barrel is permanently threaded, did you notice the sound of ricochets when he was shooting suppressed? What is he hitting that is causing that? Dangerous, could be steel or stone. The expense of the ammo would stop most folks also.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
sharpie443

Post by sharpie443 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Well, with the difficulty involved in obtaining legal silencers I don't see many people altering their Nagants anytime soon. Altering it is, the barrel is permanently threaded, did you notice the sound of ricochets when he was shooting suppressed? What is he hitting that is causing that? Dangerous, could be steel or stone. The expense of the ammo would stop most folks also.
They were skipping off the ground not sure why but you can here them hitting the trees afterword. We were shooting into a giant hill in southern Ohio. It's a spot where the owner puts on small machine gun shoots so there is no danger. It's in the middle of nowhere. It is odd that that is the only gun that did that i think it might be because of the low velocity ammunition. Not sure.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's not hard to silence a revolver, two ways I know, wrap your shooting hand and the gun in a blanket, shake it off quick after the shot as it will be on fire. Tape a plastic 2 liter pop bottle to barrel, good for one shot but more noise than the wrap method. This is not murder 101, but the way things are going in this world it pays to know things.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Threading the barrel of a Nagant revolver is a permanent alteration to the firearm.

No two ways about that. Sad.

Dolk
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Practicality - if you need a silencer that big to semi suppress the sound, its not practical for tactical situations. Now that one Nagant revolver has been scarificed to test this, I hope others will refrain from doing the same. A ruger Mark III or browning Buckmark with a Tactical Solutions silenced upper is much quieter and smaller. And does not even alter the original weapon!

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only).

This is an obvious permanent alteration of a Military firearm. I am as open minded as anyone, but this alteration is as permanent as it gets. There's not even any significant benefit.
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...