Crappy pics of my 1917 for the U.S. Rifle guys on here.

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Simo

Crappy pics of my 1917 for the U.S. Rifle guys on here.

Post by Simo »

U.S. Rifle Cal. 30 Model of 1917 Eddystone
http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u42 ... of%201917/
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
avenger

Re: Crappy pics of my 1917 for the U.S. Rifle guys on here.

Post by avenger »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
-John
"Hunting small animals is easy. You shoot at them with this and it lights them on fire and cooks them before you even get to them" -Me when showing picture of M44
Simo

Post by Simo »

avenger wrote::Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
yeah, its my rifle and I still have to wipe my mouth :lol:
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -Declaration of Independence
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Simo

Post by Simo »

Its like one of those girls from High school that you want so bad and then you actually get.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I had a pretty good time in highschool and got most of them so... :D I just won an auction of the girl i have been looking for, for awhile so i hope it turns out good for me. :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Simo

Post by Simo »

desdem12 wrote:Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I had a pretty good time in highschool and got most of them so... :D I just won an auction of the girl i have been looking for, for awhile so i hope it turns out good for me. :thumbsup:
in this case yes it is a good thing but as far as getting those hard to get girls in school....99% of the time they are more trouble than they are worth. what did you win at auction?
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

A rifle that will go in the main forum when it gets here. If it looks like the pictures i will love it. A 40 VKT M91. :D
Bern

Post by Bern »

rifles 041.jpg
Any excuse to show off my stuff. I sold it and the
buyer had "buyer's remorse" and sent it back. I am SOOO grateful to have it back.
Bern
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Buyers remorse? I have never heard of that. I have heard of sellers remorse though. Nice M17 Bern :vcool: :vcool: I think these look great but they would have to lower the price on them for me to get one. :D
Simo

Post by Simo »

Bern wrote:
rifles 041.jpg
Any excuse to show off my stuff. I sold it and the
buyer had "buyer's remorse" and sent it back. I am SOOO grateful to have it back.
Bern
very nice! I love the patina :o maybe in time this thread will turn into a 1917 & Pattern 14 photo thread hehe :thumbsup:
Last edited by Simo on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simo

Post by Simo »

desdem12 wrote:Buyers remorse? I have never heard of that. I have heard of sellers remorse though. Nice M17 Bern :vcool: :vcool: I think these look great but they would have to lower the price on them for me to get one. :D
yeah "buyers remorse" is a phrase new to me :?: I once bought a 03a3 from a online classifieds and there was like no bore left.... I still had no remorse but then again an addict will take anything right?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Looks like a nice rifle from what I can see of the pics, cell phone camera?

This is an excellent camera that I have used for over a year now, takes surprisingly good indoor pics for a point and shoot. I have no idea why it's selling for so much new when I paid much less when I got mine, but note that there are several selling used for under a hundred bucks.

Addicts need clear, well lit pics to feed the addiction :)

This is also a very good one, I used it before the upgrade to the 780 about three years back, and it's a bit cheaper.

Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Simo

Post by Simo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Looks like a nice rifle from what I can see of the pics, cell phone camera?

This is an excellent camera that I have used for over a year now, takes surprisingly good indoor pics for a point and shoot. I have no idea why it's selling for so much new when I paid much less when I got mine, but note that there are several selling used for under a hundred bucks.

Addicts need clear, well lit pics to feed the addiction :)

This is also a very good one, I used it before the upgrade to the 780 about three years back, and it's a bit cheaper.

haha JYD is criticizing my pictures :chuckles: . seriously though the pics are from a digital camera that just sucks........... i do need a good one to replace it with.
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Nice 1917, Bern. Thanks for posting.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have a really bad camera and i can get semi good fotos from it so it just has to be the so called operator (error) :lol:
Simo

Post by Simo »

desdem12 wrote:I have a really bad camera and i can get semi good fotos from it so it just has to be the so called operator (error) :lol:
NEVER my fault :wink:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Cell phone cameras can surprise you. I took these with my cell. You can take good pics with a crap camera if you have good light. Take lots of pics and choose the best ones.Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

That's what i do. I take alot and then when i get them to the computer i weed out the out of focus ones if i can. I can never tell if they are out till i put them on the comp. :oji: :lol:
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Really nice 1917 I would have purchased over an AK anytime, I have only had buyers remorse when buying sight unseen from a distributor or big mail order out fit and getting something totally mismatched or just simply not worth the money, never on an over the counter or private sale where I could inspect the firearm. Plenty of sellers remorse though.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933