It was only a matter of time

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
pacanis

It was only a matter of time

Post by pacanis »

So I was down at the LGS fairly early this morning, discussing my Enfields erratic behavior and BS'ing. I left, slugged the bores of my Enfields and returned. I turned the house upside down and could not find my measuring tools, so I knew he would measure the slug for me and the Prvi bullet. So after he had done that I was hanging out and glanced into the pistol cabinet... something had changed... there were more guns or they had been rearranged or something. I said something and they had indeed gotten in more handguns in the hour that had lapsed since I had previously been there. So the owner and his employee started reaching in and pulling out guns.

They handed me a couple nice new ones. A Witness or something, a double stack 45acp. The competition model had a decent trigger, but I did not like the combat model's trigger. And I can't say I'm a fan of the fat grip. Nice gun though and great price. I wasn't really looking anyway, just passing time. The Citadel was nice. And yep, there's those colored snubbies you guys are always selling. Sky blue, huh? It looks aqua to me... Then the girl asked me if I wanted to fondle her Kimber... :shock: You guys have a Kimber in there, I asked? I was after all 6 ft away from the actual cabinet. A safe buffer zone I told myself. And then there it was, in my hand :Drool1:
So here's the pic :thumbsup:

A Kimber Ultra Carry II in 45acp. And it shoots GREAT! Not flippy, not heavy recoil, very solid feeling. And it's so small! Very nice trigger, aligns perfectly everytime I bring it up, just the right amount of light showing on the sides of the front blade, easy to get back on target and it holds 7+1. It was only a matter of time before I owned another 45 in the 1911 platform.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
desdem12

Re: It was only a matter of time

Post by desdem12 »

A nice looking gun Pac :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: I think you should save time and just move into the LGS :Welcome Home: and maybe just have your paycheck sent there. :roll: :lol: ANd by the way you can't blame this one on me :umno: :no: What's for dinner? :BBQ:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Can't I blame you anyway?
:bwink:

Chimichitos tonight, leftover from last night :thumbsup:
You see in this world there are two kinds of people my friend, those with loaded guns... and those who dig. You dig.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Ah hell why not. I am sure i will blame you for the next one too. :thumbsup: :grumpy: :chuckles:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good hideout piece :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

There is no doubt, he really is going to go blind.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

You can't go wrong with that! :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Very nice Fred! I'm not quite ready to jump into handguns yet, but that one sure would have been tempting. You did well :)

Love that trigger...
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

You can't go wrong with a Kimber. What the heck is a Chimichito?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Thanks guys... except for the going blind part :lol:
I'm still kind of surprised at how controllable it was. Probably because it isn't polymer. It's got aluminum on it, but no plastic. It *feels* like a gun. It reminds me of my old Combat Commander. I have really been wanting to get back into a 1911 platform with a SA trigger for a while. After I saw how well it shot I ran my M&P9c back to the shop and sold it to him. I was never a big fan of double-stack for carry anyway.

This is a chimichito, LC. Chicken, chilies, salsa, onions, heated in a skillet then folded up in a tort. Then add a little oil onto a baking sheet and rub some oil on the tort. Bake til crispy. Set them on some enchilada sauce and add some toppings. Google Sam the Cooking Guy. He's got some great simple recipes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good thing I just ate a bacon and egg sandwich or that pic would mess up my entire morning eating schedule :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

I'd love to have a Kimberly like that. :Drool1: :Drool1:
I took the 5inch Springfield out today. I like it but that short barrel would be a lot better for packin. And well that's a Kimber!! :Drool1:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
pacanis

Post by pacanis »

Yeah, I can't wait until my holster comes in...
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Good thing I just ate a bacon and egg sandwich or that pic would mess up my entire morning eating schedule :)

Is your schedule eat one every hour on the hour or do you eat them on the half hours? :D
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain