VZ-52

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: VZ-52

Post by Rongo »

I was considering buying one many years ago when they were dirt cheap... but the lack of ammo scared me off. bought my Russian SKS instead.

that's a sweet one though... :wink: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Drago

Post by Drago »

I confuse them with a Hakim, but only at a distance, now. I once thought a Hakim was a weird SKS, too.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

A Hakim is more like a railroad tie, with a gas impingement system!
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

bunkysdad wrote:A Hakim is more like a railroad tie, with a gas impingement system!
Thanks funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bern

Post by Bern »

VZ52 001.jpg
I am a new guy lurking from another forum. The vz52 was one of the first military rifle I bought back in the early 90s when eBay allowed the sale of guns. It was a beater missing parts (handguard, front sight hood, buttplate) but it was GREAT fun to shoot. It ejects sharply to the LEFT. I bought a more complete one since. Interesting old gun. Bunkysdad is right about the Hakim, but it's more like a telephone pole. Can't imagine carrying that around the Egyptian desert.

Any excuse to talk about my guns.

Bern
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

I stumbled upon some current manufactured ammo for the VZ 52. Only good thing it is reloadable, but the price :big shock: I found a VZ 52 last fall, it was complete, but I could barely see thru the bore, or what was left of it. :big shock: I passed real quick at that point.
http://www.buffaloarms.com/Detail.aspx? ... 8&CAT=4170
bunkysdad wrote:A Hakim is more like a railroad tie, with a gas impingement system!
It's gotta be the loudest railroad tie I ever shot :lol:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the forum Bern, the Egyptians didn't much like lugging around the Hakim either, they later came up with the Rasheed. The Rasheed is a scaled down Hakim chambered for the 7.62x39mm cartridge, both rifles are designed from the Swedish Ljungman AG42B. The Rasheed was a UAR era rifle, once Nasser was gone and Egypt moved closer to the Soviet camp they got Soviet aid to make the AK47.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Woodbeef

Post by Woodbeef »

Drago wrote:I confuse them with a Hakim, but only at a distance, now. I once thought a Hakim was a weird SKS, too.
Drago,I think you mean the Rasheed,not the Hakim.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That would make more sense, as the Hakim is way too long to be confused with any type of carbine.