Panshin bayonet

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
willyj73

Panshin bayonet

Post by willyj73 »

About two or so years ago (time has been FLYING BY), i purchased a nice transitional 91/30 from auction. I've been sparingly buying surplus stuff for a while--buying when the price is good or the item is something I really want. Anyway, a few weeks ago, I found a bayonet for the rifle at another auction. Price wasn't great, but wasn't horrible (I would have loved getting this at $100 or less...no dice).
Bayonet is in good to very good condition with some light scale rust forming around the locking mechanism. Bluing and finishing work are very good. Bayonet was made at Tula factory. I think it has a refurb marking (notice the one photo with Tula star and a partial square).
Bayonet is very odd in that it actually fits perfectly on the rifle (how often does that happen with 91/30 bayonets????).
For people who like this type of stuff, there is a marking that indicates some part of the bayonet that states it has non-critical deviation from established tolerance/design; but the deviation was acceptable (circle "A" marking--I don't have Cyrillic keyboard for the "A"). The info is from Alex's site. He states this marking is for rifles, but I would assume they used it on other parts as well. https://www.m9130.info/markings-and-proofmarks

Here are some photos

Full bayonet
20240304_160821.jpg

Tula star, serial number, and partial box around star
20240304_160821.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by willyj73 on Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mosin Fanboy
willyj73

Re: Panshin bayonet

Post by willyj73 »

Photos of the rifle. I posted these a while ago (when I received the rifle).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mosin Fanboy
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
RicCollectingMosin

Post by RicCollectingMosin »

Very nice! Panshin bayonets are rare and i like transitional rifles a lot! Thank you for posting these. :thumbsup: