Checking in….

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
BuckeyeSgt

Checking in….

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Haven’t been on much. Had so many rifles I kind of stopped collecting and went for smaller militaria. Then mosins got pretty pricey. Lost my wife to cancer in March. Hope y’all are still finding some cool stuff. Drew
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: Checking in….

Post by Darryl »

Hi Drew,
Hate to hear about your wife. We are so sorry.

People come and go on the forums all the time. Collecting other things is a good thing.
You are welcome to make a post even if you haven't purchased a Mosin in a while. ;mywink;

We all have other hobbies!!!

Darryl
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Sorry to hear about your wife. Post the smaller stuff.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. I haven't collected much myself in years, I am just not into spending big chunks of change on anything I collect. Takes the fun out of it. These days I am more likely to be buying rusty old tools at estate sales. Only rifle I bought in the last year or so was a Japanese type 99 that popped up on the cheap at an estate sale.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife, I can't imagine how hard that is.

Since we have moved to N.C. I haven't been collecting rifles, I'm happy with the amount of Mosins I've been able to get. I still enjoy collecting other military items, mainly accessories that I am able to find that are reasonably priced.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I join the others in expressing my sincere sympathy for the loss of your wife.

I have stopped buying military rifles and have started thinning my collection, taking advantage of the current prices.

I have taken up an interest in buying older American made knives. They don't take up a lot of room or require a lot of money, and they still bring me the pleasure of the hunt. Finding a good Schrade blade for under 25 bucks makes me happy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

very nice knives............
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:26 am I join the others in expressing my sincere sympathy for the loss of your wife.

I have stopped buying military rifles and have started thinning my collection, taking advantage of the current prices.

I have taken up an interest in buying older American made knives. They don't take up a lot of room or require a lot of money, and they still bring me the pleasure of the hunt. Finding a good Schrade blade for under 25 bucks makes me happy.
Steve, still need to look through my junk and find some knives that I've had sitting around for years and send them to you.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

As others have stated, I'm so sorry for your loss, you're still family around here regardless if you have/haven't bought any new weapons.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Thank you all. I took some time off for a while. The kicker was that my position got eliminated 3 weeks before she passed. And life insurance ended 3 days before it happened. But I got to be there.

Fast forward to now. Found a new job doing the same thing. Met a girl that was also a widow. Ex army intel and originally from Ohio. We have been awesome together. Getting married Friday.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

BuckeyeSgt wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:15 pm Thank you all. I took some time off for a while. The kicker was that my position got eliminated 3 weeks before she passed. And life insurance ended 3 days before it happened. But I got to be there.

Fast forward to now. Found a new job doing the same thing. Met a girl that was also a widow. Ex army intel and originally from Ohio. We have been awesome together. Getting married Friday.
Congratulations......So where's the honeymoon?
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

ffuries wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:38 pm
BuckeyeSgt wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:15 pm Thank you all. I took some time off for a while. The kicker was that my position got eliminated 3 weeks before she passed. And life insurance ended 3 days before it happened. But I got to be there.

Planning on Ireland around springtime.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

BuckeyeSgt wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:43 pm
ffuries wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:38 pm

Planning on Ireland around springtime.
Awesome, my last time in Europe was in 2002 coming back from Uzbekistan. Going back has been on my list of things to do. Have cousins Holland, and HS classmates who never left Germany.

Well it goes without saying, enjoy the old country and the fine ales and all.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Congratulations. :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt