The Finnish Mosin-Nagant: Three Line Rifle to Ukko Pekka (NEW BOOK!)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
airbornetrooper

The Finnish Mosin-Nagant: Three Line Rifle to Ukko Pekka (NEW BOOK!)

Post by airbornetrooper »

Hi folks,

I've been posting over for the last decade. I've made a lot of friends, some of whom are sadly no longer with us. Some years I posted more than others as I've moved numerous times and shuffled my collection from duty station to duty station. I wanted to let everyone know that I finally acted upon the advice of the numerous contributors here who urged me to write a book on Finnish Mosin-Nagants :chuckles:

I spent almost five years writing The Finnish Mosin-Nagant: Three Line Rifle to Ukko Pekka, my magnum opus on Finnish collecting. It is now available for pre-order at the following link below if you are interested. All pre-order copies will be signed by myself and will include a limited edition art print made with one of the original Bannerman's Catalog printing blocks. My publisher, Wet Dog Publications, is responsible for some of the finest firearms collecting books available. I do not think you will be disappointed. All pre orders are anticipated to ship before Christmas 2023.

https://www.fnbrowning.com/book-finnish-mosin-nagant

Finnish Mosin-Nagant: Three Line Rifle to Ukko Pekka

As for the book's content, I managed to answer some of the more pressing questions that popped up over the years. I also worked with some of the most advanced collectors, as well as museums in the US and Finland to source over 1,500 images across for the 500+ page book. While the title is officially the Finnish Mosin-Nagant, I have several chapters on the development of the Mosin-Nagant, Finnish history, and the other firearms used by Finland during the Finnish Civil War, Winter, Continuation War, and the Lapland War. Some of the topics I covered include:

-The most comprehensive collection of information on Finnish sniper rifles ever assembled, featuring the m/27 PH, m/33, m/39 PH, m/39 SOV, m/39-44, and more!
-Detailed descriptions and high quality color photographs of the rarest Mosin-Nagant variants such as the Finnish SAT m/91, Estonian Model 1935, and Polish Karabinek wz. 91/98/25
-The revealing of the origin story and history of the Finnish m/91 B Barrels and their Belgian connection.
-An examination of the heated rivalry between the Finnish Civil Guard’s m/28-30 rifle and the Finnish Army’s m/27, and how their fusion produced the m/39 rifle.
-In depth photographs and historical information on the Mosin-Nagant .22 caliber training rifles used by the army.
-Gorgeous photographs and information on the plethora of pistols used by Finland during World War II such as the Lahti L-35, Mauser C96, ČZ vz. 38, Polish FB Radom Ng 30, and FN High Power
-An exploration into the Finnish capture, modification, and use of captured SVT-40 semi-automatic rifles.
-Serial data and collecting information on every major Finnish Mosin-Nagant variant.
-An exploration of the origins of the Mosin-Nagant rifle, its history, and its major users around the world over the last century.
-The most in-depth look at Finnish Mosin-Nagant accessories and bayonets ever compiled.
-High quality historical photographs from a variety of sources and Mosin-Nagant rifles from the finest collections.
-The little-known story of the Finnish Mausers in 7.62x54mmR such as the m/30 and m/34

I hope that my contribution to the collecting field is found worthy by my fellow collectors here. You will always have my gratitude for welcoming me as novice collector when I only had a few Mosin-Nagants and knew next to nothing about them. I hope to help the next generation of collectors learn more about their history through my research.

Best regards,
Matt (aka airbornetrooper and mosingarandguy)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Author of The Finnish Mosin-Nagant: Three Line Rifle to Ukko Pekka (For sale below)
The Finnish Mosin-Nagant
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Finnish Mosin-Nagant: Three Line Rifle to Ukko Pekka (NEW BOOK!)

Post by millman »

Very cool.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
tinman1960

Post by tinman1960 »

Cool,I can't wait for this book and please let me know when