Potential Sinner Sees The Light

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
turkeyoak

Potential Sinner Sees The Light

Post by turkeyoak »

Im a big history buff and really like the Mosin Nagant. I originally bought it for the price but really really love it now.
They are so cheap I thought I might get a second one and convert it to a scout rifle.
I have learned my lesson and am embarrassed I even thought that. Now when I see a bubbafied MN I am shocked and saddened.
It is such a great rifle as it that it doesnt need "improvement".
I will never ever think of altering one again. I promise.
So far:
Daisy Red Ryder, Henry H001 .22, scoped Marlin .30-30,
Mossberg 702 Plinkster, Maverick 88 pump 12 ga.
1939 Izhevsk Mosin-Nagant 91/30,
Ruger P89, 22/45, & LCP.
MN Fan

Re: Potential Sinner Sees The Light

Post by MN Fan »

Welcome aboard :)

:clap:
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :clap:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

turkeyoak wrote:Im a big history buff and really like the Mosin Nagant. I originally bought it for the price but really really love it now.
They are so cheap I thought I might get a second one and convert it to a scout rifle.
I have learned my lesson and am embarrassed I even thought that. Now when I see a bubbafied MN I am shocked and saddened.
welcome!!

Converting a Mosin to a scout setup is not sacrilege as long as one can easily convert it back with no permanent modifications. I have one setup like that & it's pretty slick but what's funny is I rarely take it out. I find I prefer the ol' Irons on the milsurps. :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Always a joy to see someone who gets it. There are plenty of other things out there to mess with other than antiques. Same goes with furniture and other collectibles.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Glade you walked away from "the dark side of the force". :wink: Excellent choice that you will never be sorry for making.

My theory is that bubba's defends their rights to cut down Milsurps because they feel guilty inside. They can't change what they did, so they fight to try and make it excepted by all. And if you don't, it is your problem, not theirs. But it will never be excepted and that tears them up. They just need to except the responsibility for what they did and move on....and try to forget it and never do it again.

But it is always a better thing if you catch yourself before you do the deed! :wink:

Dolk
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Rongoman wrote:
turkeyoak wrote:Im a big history buff and really like the Mosin Nagant. I originally bought it for the price but really really love it now.
welcome!!

Converting a Mosin to a scout setup is not sacrilege as long as one can easily convert it back with no permanent modifications. I have one setup like that & it's pretty slick but what's funny is I rarely take it out. I find I prefer the ol' Irons on the milsurps. :wink:

welcome turkeyoak and (Converting a Mosin to a scout setup is not sacrilege as long as one can easily convert it back with no permanent modifications) like you said dolk it ok if there are no permanent modifications. me i keep them the way there where made i don't do any modifications to my guns.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom (George S. Patton)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :toast:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Yippee !!!! :toast: :toast: I saw some MN that were made into "faux sniper rifles" not like a PU but more like a modern rifle , a poor mans Barrett if you will. The only part that was MN was the receiver. I thought hey that's kinda cool, :no: wonder why they didn't just a buy modern rifle if they wanted to do that kind of shooting since they had to have spent a lot of money. Adding the heavy machine gun barrel, other machine work and then the bolt on stuff bet it added up to a hefty price. Those people just think , they're nothing special, it's a $99 gun and they made zillions of them. :b sad: They will never get it, sad to say. But the good news, they only bought one which leaves more for us !! :thumbsup:
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

:toast:
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933