S&W K38 Trigger/Hammer

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
ffuries

S&W K38 Trigger/Hammer

Post by ffuries »

The S&W M15-3 (K38, Combat Masterpiece, or whatever you wish to call them) used by the USAF came with target hammers and target triggers. The K38 I found at the gunshow back in Dec came with semi target hammer and service trigger. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted it to look like what I carried. So that journey started.

Looked on line for the target hammer and trigger and they sure are proud of them. I was at a point that I was just going to leave it as is. Well a few weeks ago I found the hammer and trigger for sale on GB at a price I couldn't resist, and jumped on them. So I need to find a local gunsmith to change them out for me.

Top picture shows the loose target hammer and target trigger with the gun.

Bottom picture is my service weapons collection thus far, just need to find the Beretta M9 Commercial and that itch will be scratched. AR15 (M16A2 645 facsimile) AR15 (M16 604 facsimile) with the S&W 15-3.

Then I'll go down a new road in adding to my collection. Looking at military black powder rifles now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
steelbuttplate

Re: S&W K38 Trigger/Hammer

Post by steelbuttplate »

You should make targets with the old parts vs. the new ones. If it improves I might try that. :vcool: My pistol seems to do the best with Federal 158 gr. leads.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:23 pm You should make targets with the old parts vs. the new ones. If it improves I might try that. :vcool: My pistol seems to do the best with Federal 158 gr. leads.
Great idea, I just might do that, be interesting to see if anything changes. Is this what you are using Federal 158 gr Lead Round Nose rounds?

https://www.academy.com/p/american-eagl ... -50-rounds
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

ffuries wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:18 pm
steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:23 pm You should make targets with the old parts vs. the new ones. If it improves I might try that. :vcool: My pistol seems to do the best with Federal 158 gr. leads.
Great idea, I just might do that, be interesting to see if anything changes. Is this what you are using Federal 158 gr Lead Round Nose rounds?

Yep, I shoot those and other Federal that has a semi WC 158, both do very well in a K 38.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

steelbuttplate wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:16 pm
ffuries wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:18 pm

Yep, I shoot those and other Federal that has a semi WC 158, both do very well in a K 38.
Good deal, I'll definitely have to look into them.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I guess that those pieces kind of date your service era. If I did the same thing, I would need to be looking for cap and ball revolvers.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:02 am I guess that those pieces kind of date your service era. If I did the same thing, I would need to be looking for cap and ball revolvers.
LOL....My oldest, being the smart ass he is, had this to say when I aquired it. "Dad how does it feel to know they were still using cowboy guns when you first came in." I've got a smart ass shit head for a kid, I tell you!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member