China flu

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
Cliff

China flu

Post by Cliff »

Well after two shots and a booster I tested + yesterday and my wife tested + today. Doc prescribed latest meds and said he had good results with this treatment. Now for the good news our grandson and his wife announced our second great grandson will be born in about five weeks. Looking foreward to Christmas with them.
Cliff +dhic
steelbuttplate

Re: China flu

Post by steelbuttplate »

Cliff wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:12 pm Well after two shots and a booster I tested + yesterday and my wife tested + today. Doc prescribed latest meds and said he had good results with this treatment. Now for the good news our grandson and his wife announced our second great grandson will be born in about five weeks. Looking foreward to Christmas with them.
Cliff +dhic
If you get the bad cough I'll give you the honey+garlic treatment method.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The shots and boosters worked for the earlier versions but seem to do nothing to prevent the latest ones. I have seen that time and again. In my case it doesn't seem to matter, despite repeated accidental close exposure since March 2020 I have never been sick with the Chinese flu, or tested positive even once. Surrounded by plague carrying super spreaders I thought I was just lucky the first few times, now countless exposures later I am pretty sure I am immune to it. Early on when we were all hiding in the basement like Grandpa Joe I joked that God could keep that lotto win I had been asking for, fuck the money, I would prefer not to get that Chinese plague instead. Prayer heard and answered. Being an old fart with diabetes I am definitely in the most at risk group. Wish I had known this at the start of all this, two years of my life I am not getting back. All the hiding, masks, having everything shipped in, I got lucky. Good luck with the disease, I hope it doesn't hit you too hard and departs quickly.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

I hope you feel better. I recently had it again for the second time.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I have had all of the shots and have not had the Covid; or if I had it, I didn't know it, which is about as good.

I honestly believe that my wife had it in the December (2019) before the breakout became a thing, a couple of months later. She was sicker than I have ever seen her for about ten days, but got over it. If that is what she had it would be called a "sneak" case, I guess. If she had know it was Covid, it would have killed her, but because it was just the flu, she survived. ;)

Earlier in life, I had a hell of a bad case of the Bird Flu, or maybe it was the Swine Flu, I am not sure. I later realized that I should have been hospitalized with it, it was so bad. But, in your 20s you think you are bullet proof. I was hallucinating with fever, and was too weak to get a drink of water from my bedside stand. I sometimes wonder if that gave me some immunity to subsequent Flu strains.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:00 pm I have had all of the shots and have not had the Covid; or if I had it, I didn't know it, which is about as good.

I honestly believe that my wife had it in the December (2019) before the breakout became a thing, a couple of months later. She was sicker than I have ever seen her for about ten days, but got over it. If that is what she had it would be called a "sneak" case, I guess. If she had know it was Covid, it would have killed her, but because it was just the flu, she survived. ;)

Earlier in life, I had a hell of a bad case of the Bird Flu, or maybe it was the Swine Flu, I am not sure. I later realized that I should have been hospitalized with it, it was so bad. But, in your 20s you think you are bullet proof. I was hallucinating with fever, and was too weak to get a drink of water from my bedside stand. I sometimes wonder if that gave me some immunity to subsequent Flu strains.
Ditto on the wife. Mine rarely gets sick and if she does she's never bedridden. She got sick in Nov and in Dec 2019, then again in Jan 2020 and she was so sick she was bedridden for over a week each time. All this prior to the pandemic being announced in early 2020, and she wonders if what she had was COVID.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member