.45 acp

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
steelbuttplate

.45 acp

Post by steelbuttplate »

Has anybody noticed one brand , or bullet type, that is more accurate in a 1911 than all the rest ? I know at least one 9mm and my Tokarev are more accurate with hollow point ammo.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: .45 acp

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Can't say for sure as I suspect any variations between one type or another of ammo is due to my deteriorating skills, and not the gun or ammo. I am definitely not a precision instrument for testing ammo anymore.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:56 pm Has anybody noticed one brand , or bullet type, that is more accurate in a 1911 than all the rest ? I know at least one 9mm and my Tokarev are more accurate with hollow point ammo.
My 1911 shoots best with a 230 grain FMJ bullet. Federal, Winchester and Remington shoot equally well in the big Taurus. My Glock 21 likes the same ammo, but is more reliable in feeding with hollow point bullets of equal weight (230 grain).
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I just always used the inexpensive stuff with Tula being what I have the most of. I have never been able to detect the difference in accuracy for much the same reason that Jim stated. My accuracy is minute of pie plate at ten yards. The .45 round is a good stable round that will usually outperform the shooter.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I bought 100 rounds of remanufacture, 180 gr. nylon tip, the cases are were sized small and the bullet stuffed in makes them swelled looking, but this pistol has no problem with them or 3 other ammo's I've tried.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:11 pm I bought 100 rounds of remanufacture, 180 gr. nylon tip, the cases are were sized small and the bullet stuffed in makes them swelled looking, but this pistol has no problem with them or 3 other ammo's I've tried.
Some 1911s can be finicky with hollow points, others handle them fine. Other than that, they are pretty dang reliable.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum