Please help in trying to identify

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Wakemeupbruce75

Re: Please help in trying to identify

Post by Wakemeupbruce75 »

bunkysdad wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:42 pm Those are collector grade. Your dad was serious about his Finnish Mosin rifle collection I think. You should share a lot more of what you have. Full length pictures too. You might be surprised.
Thanks…. I’m uploading a couple now. He was in the Army and the Navy. I received sooooo many rifles and hand guns from him. Like I said I have 9 mosin’s and 13 other rifles from him(SVT-40, Springfield M1903 and Mausers to name a few) appreciate all your input!
Wakemeupbruce75

millman wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:59 pm I'm joking. You show up with 2 ringers, and then bust out a Remington. Whoever left you these had a good eye. Was he perhaps a member here?
I’m pretty sure he wasn’t a member here. He wasn’t that computer literate, but was very smart in history!! Wish I had more time with him to ask and discuss with him about these rifles. Never enough time! Did you see the No.4 MK1 I posted??
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Wakemeupbruce75 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:07 pm
millman wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:59 pm I'm joking. You show up with 2 ringers, and then bust out a Remington. Whoever left you these had a good eye. Was he perhaps a member here?
I’m pretty sure he wasn’t a member here. He wasn’t that computer literate, but was very smart in history!! Wish I had more time with him to ask and discuss with him about these rifles. Never enough time! Did you see the No.4 MK1 I posted??
Yeah, that has been sporterized. The good news is the barrel doesn't look like it was chopped. Enough $ could put it back into original configuration. But probably too much $. I don't know what these bring these days, but unless somebody else here knows different, it wouldn't really be worth it.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Wakemeupbruce75

millman wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:52 pm Is there an SA stamp on the Tula?
What does the SA stamped on the rifle mean?? It’s on my Remington.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Wakemeupbruce75 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:31 pm
millman wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:52 pm Is there an SA stamp on the Tula?
What does the SA stamped on the rifle mean?? It’s on my Remington.
Finnish Army mark.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Wakemeupbruce75

Looked this up, dont know if I’m correct? Finnish 1928 M27??? It does have the SA stamped on it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wakemeupbruce75

Here’s another…..no other markings but what’s on top of barrel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

You inherited some pretty sweet guns. The '23 Tula is fairly uncommon. The last gun is a Peter the Great Tula with a beautiful shank stamping. This one looks Finn too.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

You can learn about these rifles from our "Knoledgebase".

Look at the top of every page for it.

https://russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/app.php/page/1

Darryl
Wakemeupbruce75

Here’s another…. If it’s what I think. A 1936 Izhevsk M91? It’s also only 47 1/2 inches long….is it a Dragoon?? Thanks all for the help so far!
Wakemeupbruce75

Darryl wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:21 pm You can learn about these rifles from our "Knoledgebase".

Look at the top of every page for it.

https://russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/app.php/page/1

Darryl
Awesome!! Thanks for the info! I really want to get to know what I have(type of rifle) and once I do really dig into the history of them.
Wakemeupbruce75

qz2026 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:06 am You inherited some pretty sweet guns. The '23 Tula is fairly uncommon. The last gun is a Peter the Great Tula with a beautiful shank stamping. This one looks Finn too.
Thanks so much for the compliment!! And the info.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Now, get to work on that knowledge base so you can ID your treasures.
Wakemeupbruce75

qz2026 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:23 pm Now, get to work on that knowledge base so you can ID your treasures.
Yesssssssss sir! I'm on it! :dance:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:thumbsup: That's a high end Mosin collection fo sure.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Wakemeupbruce75

steelbuttplate wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:38 pm :thumbsup: That's a high end Mosin collection fo sure.
thank you.....really wasn't sure what I had when I got them. Was honestly just going to get rid of them. Saw this forum and I figured I'd give it a shot and see what I really had.