MAY be selling my last Mosin

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
mogunner

MAY be selling my last Mosin

Post by mogunner »

Really don't want to let it go, but I don't shoot it and have some bills coming up soon. But I really don't know what to ask for it since prices have soared. It's a 1928 Izhevsk 91/30 ex-dragoon in a beautiful laminate stock and the rifle itself is immaculate and a fantastic shooter. From what I see in various forums and groups, I could probably be right in asking anywhere from $350 or more for it. It's the one on the right in this photo. Right now just looking for input on the pricing, if I'm in the right ballpark on it. It's all matching numbers on the main rifle, not sure on the buttplate, I'll have to haul it out and check.

<a href=" src="" title="source: imgur.com" /></a>
tomaustin

Re: MAY be selling my last Mosin

Post by tomaustin »

nice weapons....it sure is disappointing when a friend reaches a place in life where they must sell items they enjoy.....sorry about your problems..............
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I would ask for $400.00 and sell at $350.00.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yep. 400.00 or too bad you can’t have it. By the way what is the rifle on the left? Why does the barrel look so long beyond the end of the stock? Was it re-stocked?
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

bunkysdad wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:05 am Yep. 400.00 or too bad you can’t have it. By the way what is the rifle on the left? Why does the barrel look so long beyond the end of the stock? Was it re-stocked?
The one on the left is a Polish WZ48, a .22LR training rifle
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

tomaustin wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:00 pm nice weapons....it sure is disappointing when a friend reaches a place in life where they must sell items they enjoy.....sorry about your problems..............
:thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I just sold a round receiver Tula with a plain stock for $390 + fees.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

steelbuttplate wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:41 pm I just sold a round receiver Tula with a plain stock for $390 + fees.
Fellow over on MeWe Mosin page just paid $600 for a 1942 and folks are telling him he did all right. How far we've come.
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

mogunner wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:17 pm
steelbuttplate wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:41 pm I just sold a round receiver Tula with a plain stock for $390 + fees.
Fellow over on MeWe Mosin page just paid $600 for a 1942 and folks are telling him he did all right. How far we've come.
Wow.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

You could get at least $400 for it.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

May not have to sell it, did some careful financial manipulating and as long as nothing else breaks I should be able to squeak through. I poured a bunch more $$$ into the business than I probably should have at once, then the wife's Cherokee lost all gears while she was on the way home, I'm betting on the front pump and/or torque converter failing, waiting on a fitting I need to test the line pressure to know for sure. Then my dog came up lame and needs a $1300 surgery on his leg, that's scheduled for Monday the 31st at a surgeon two hours from here. A good friend of the family outright gave us a 2004 Mercury Sable that is in decent shape, I had to put front brakes on it and replace one headlight and the turn signal socket to get it to pass our safety inspection. My mom used to say that I must have two Guardian Angels one on each shoulder, lol.
I may go ahead and sell it, just because I don't shoot it, I'd like it if I knew someone was using it in matches or the like. Maybe after I get the cataract surgery done in my left eye, I might see well enough to shoot with iron sights again! Who knows...
Austin26

Post by Austin26 »

$450 easy. Ask $480. I just sold six months ago a run of the mill 91/30 for $400 and could have gotten more if I had asked more.
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Austin26 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:09 pm $450 easy. Ask $480. I just sold six months ago a run of the mill 91/30 for $400 and could have gotten more if I had asked more.
Location I think is the main thing in getting the higher prices. I'm about an hour south of St. Louis and seems like most buyers around here aren't really wanting to pay decent prices on the milsurps. I sold an M44 to another member from here that's in the area but it was so long ago that I don't recall who it was, lol.