Finnish capture in a M27rv stock

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Sindone

Finnish capture in a M27rv stock

Post by Sindone »

15 years ago I acquired the rifle from a gentlemen I work with. I purchased the gun sight unseen. He wanted $125 for it and I offered him $100. We flipped a coin and I won. The next day before work we met up and I bought the rifle. To my surprise it had Finnish SA markings. I thought the stock repairs were odd at the time so I started my research. to me it appeared that the rear part of the stock was similar to a k98. After all the searching I had done I came to the conclusion that it must be a M27RV stock that was reused. Any thoughts on this one? Is it indeed a M27RV stock?
Thanks for looking ;mywink;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
willyj73

Re: Finnish capture in a M27rv stock

Post by willyj73 »

My initial thought is an M91rv stock. I think the M27rv stocks have a scallop cut under the bolt handle for the bent bolt. Regardless, the stock looks like it was originally set up to use the K98k style sling attachment.

Here is a link to a thread on M91rv
viewtopic.php?t=11980
Mosin Fanboy
Sindone

Post by Sindone »

willyj73 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:30 pm My initial thought is an M91rv stock. I think the M27rv stocks have a scallop cut under the bolt handle for the bent bolt. Regardless, the stock looks like it was originally set up to use the K98k style sling attachment.

Here is a link to a thread on M91rv
viewtopic.php?t=11980
Thank you, I've never seen the M91rv before.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

$100??? Nice! :thumbsup:
That's an interesting one for sure. It's a pre-war M91/30 but has an M91 style front sight. The Finns loved taking random bits & making useful weapons & you never knew what would come out of their arsenals. There could be countless scenarios regarding what part came from where. Personally, I don't really care. It's now a Finn rifle & that's all good in my book. :biggrin:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"