Old single shot

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
+dhic

Old single shot

Post by +dhic »

Well this old pistol is neither modern nor military. I bought this sat at the a collectors show. Largest bunch of old lever action
rifles I've ever seen at one time. This one is a s and w third model perfected in 22lr. This one has a 10in barrel. The action on it is near new. +dhic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ffuries

Re: Old single shot

Post by ffuries »

Cool.....What would be the date or approximate date of this?
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
+dhic

Post by +dhic »

Mike, these were made from 1909 till1923. They started at # 4619 in 1909 and went to11641 in 1923. The # on mine puts it about 1/2 way. I will have to use a magnifying glass to adjust the windage a wee bit but it groups well. Should be lots of fun
when I get the sight set.
+dhic
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

+dhic wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:29 am Mike, these were made from 1909 till1923. They started at # 4619 in 1909 and went to11641 in 1923. The # on mine puts it about 1/2 way. I will have to use a magnifying glass to adjust the windage a wee bit but it groups well. Should be lots of fun
when I get the sight set.
+dhic
Thank you for the information!

I like it, I've got three wheel guns a Nagant, reproduction Colt Navy, and JP Sauer & Sohn Western Marshall.

I really need to start paying more attention to them at the gun shops, pawn shops, and gun shows. I usually just pass by them unless it looks like a milsurp. Besides pistols take up less room than rifles....!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

That looks like the same frame and grips as the S&W 22/32.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
+dhic

Post by +dhic »

Yes it is the same frame and grip. I never liked the looks of those grips. Now that I've shot with these I wouldn't want anything else on this pistol.
+dhic aka cliff