What is this booklet?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
TnBuckeye

What is this booklet?

Post by TnBuckeye »

6D728ED9-8DEF-4CF9-95D3-1F68E914FADE.jpeg
The thread about what got us into collecting Mosin Nagants encouraged me to go dig through a box of stuff I had stored away, and while doing so I came across this small booklet. It pertains to a 1943 M44 which was my first ever surplus item.

I am guessing this is some sort of manual the exporter (Molot?) sent with the rifle? Does the October 2012 date in it refer to when it was exported?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bogozzo

Re: What is this booklet?

Post by bogozzo »

Without going to the vault to compare the characters, I have 5 or 6 booklets that came with some Ukraine refurbished rifles that were supposedly redone from Russian surplus for the Ukrainian civilian market. Mine were the "owner's manuals" that were to go with the rifles and your page 6 looks familiar - mine were signed by the tech who did a test fire. mine came with a photocopy of a 3 round bench rest group at 100 meters.
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

The import mark on the receiver is PW arms, and here is the mark on the barrel under the handguard…I have a PU with similar markings and I think it is one of the Tulsky batch…
1EE1A698-CD1C-4A59-A4A4-3A0A7B51058B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

Actually…my current PU is NOT marked like the M44…I was thinking about how the Molot PUs are marked, which is similar to the M44, and got confused.

My current PU is marked consistent with the photos in our knowledge base of a Tulsky.

Sorry about the confusion!
entropy

Post by entropy »

Molot Factory

Hunting Carbine
Model KO-44 Carbine 7.62x54R

Pasport (Customs declaration, or some such)

Yes, the import date would be Oct 2012.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

entropy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:06 pm Molot Factory

Hunting Carbine
Model KO-44 Carbine 7.62x54R

Pasport (Customs declaration, or some such)

Yes, the import date would be Oct 2012.
I got a similar booklet with the Molot PU Sniper I bought in 2012. Mine is in English though. This was towards the back of it.
CIMG1414.JPG
CIMG1415.JPG
Lourosko

Post by Lourosko »

Guys can you help me identify if this is a real or a fake by some pictures? Thanks
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

Ok, this guy is getting annoying.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

These booklets were included with all rifles sourced from Molot by the importers. PW ARMS imported the bulk of them. This appears to be a Tulsk'y. Same thing here. All the stampings were required by Russia to export them. Basically these give some basic information on the rifles and the title, as I recall, translates out to "Sporting Rifle". Far be it for Russian to export a military rifle anymore :chuckles:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

The only rifle that I got with that kind of paperwork was my Molot sniper. I figured that it was more marketing than anything else.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum