New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Montana_Eng

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Montana_Eng »

New guy here. Had my M44 for quite some time, looked here and there at markings, but never really got a good history on it. So I turn to the pros! Any help on origin, imports.. etc etc would be great information to have.

Here's some pics of it. From what I've seen at gun shows and stores, this one is in pretty decent shape. Shoots like a dream, that is when I can get my son to let me have it back!

Also, noticed a screw missing today, must have shaken loose last range trip. Any leads on a replacement front screw for the mag assembly / trigger guard?

nagant_shooter

Post by nagant_shooter »

tomaustin wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:06 am to nagant shooter.....good looking rifle...............do you have a shooting range convenient for you ? better yet, do you have ammo ??? the members here appreciate a set of photos of the complete rifle---left, right, top, bottom, up close of all the markings.....pics came through nicely........Tom
It is very scarce for 3 megabytes.
100 meter, Indoor.
Ammunition China, Hungary, Russia.
I load much myself.
This is the unused M39.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BORISM44

Post by BORISM44 »

HI – new member here – I’m a bit confused -I have an 1944 Izhevsk M44 with what I think are all the correct arsenal markings. All the metal is quite worn with no bluing to speak of. The bore is also very worn. No matching numbers. The butt plate is quite thin compared to my other 91/30’s.
My confusion is that on the left side of the receiver it is stamped T-53 7.62X54R then MADE IN CHINA then something I cant make out like C W S THC???? the stock is really beat up and seems to be quite soft and oily and absorbent – thinking maybe chu wood? So wondering is this a T-53 or M44
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

BORISM44 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:02 am HI – new member here – I’m a bit confused -I have an 1944 Izhevsk M44 with what I think are all the correct arsenal markings. All the metal is quite worn with no bluing to speak of. The bore is also very worn. No matching numbers. The butt plate is quite thin compared to my other 91/30’s.
My confusion is that on the left side of the receiver it is stamped T-53 7.62X54R then MADE IN CHINA then something I cant make out like C W S THC???? the stock is really beat up and seems to be quite soft and oily and absorbent – thinking maybe chu wood? So wondering is this a T-53 or M44
Start a new thread with some pics on the collector board and we will figure it out. Welcome to the forum.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
traveler hand

Post by traveler hand »

Cut down m91 1941 tikka sniper rifle .
Has anyone ever heard of such a rifle .Any info is welcome .I am attempting to buy a lot of rifles ,this one is on the list .Not sure if it is legit .Have no pics .Will have a 3 hr drive to view them .
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Save yourself a drive, no value in any cut down M91 and Tikka never made a sniper either.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Bob518

Post by Bob518 »

Thank you for letting me join the forum. I have a Remmington 1918 Mosin-nagant. I would like to post some pictures so that I can learn more about what I have and what a ballpark fair value it has. I have 2 other arsenal refinished Mosins, but the Remmington hasn't been fired since Dad bought it at May Company in the 1960's.
Any advice as to where in the forum or what info and pictures to include would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Bob
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Welcome aboard. Just make a new post in the Collectable Mosin section.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

welcome....the pics should be made in good light...outside works well....all relevant inscriptions on the weapon should be shown in an up-close view and a slightly larger view orientation....it will require at least a dozen good pics to present the weapon....these also become part of your record on your rifle.......there is a whole lot of knowledge on this board...the membership is worldwide and REALLY SMART........again, welcome.....Tom
eric28

Post by eric28 »

Hello all, new guy here. Hoping to get my new mosin in couples of week.

Thanks for having me
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

eric28 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:11 am Hello all, new guy here. Hoping to get my new mosin in couples of week.

Thanks for having me
Welcome aboard! The Mosin is still one of the most affordable Mil-surplus rifles around. And just as full of history. And they shoot good too.

Darryl
jerrywyy

Post by jerrywyy »

Hi there, Jerry here. I had been lurking in the forum for sometime now and glad to be able to finally join the discussion (bought my first 2 mosins). Currently I have an m38 and a Tula sniper on the way. I hope that the sniper is real (seemed fine to me with everything I learned from here), but anyways I will post pics on here and we shall see!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Welcome to the forums Jerry.

Post those Mosins up with some photos. We love photos!

Darryl
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

jerrywyy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:43 pm Hi there, Jerry here. I had been lurking in the forum for sometime now and glad to be able to finally join the discussion (bought my first 2 mosins). Currently I have an m38 and a Tula sniper on the way. I hope that the sniper is real (seemed fine to me with everything I learned from here), but anyways I will post pics on here and we shall see!
Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
nccowboy

Post by nccowboy »

Good day all. Have had my old m28 put up for years and couple months ago pulled it out to clean. I think I have a Finnish M28 Ski Trooper. I look forward to reading and gaining knowledge from this group and confirm what I have.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

:post_r:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

nccowboy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:19 am Good day all. Have had my old m28 put up for years and couple months ago pulled it out to clean. I think I have a Finnish M28 Ski Trooper. I look forward to reading and gaining knowledge from this group and confirm what I have.
Welcome, I moved your rifle post to the collectors forum at https://russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/ ... =5&t=33513

Thanks for posting!!!

Darryl
GMan

Post by GMan »

Hi to all. Long time lurker joining to participate and gain knowledge. My rifle is a Remington, dated 1917. It is numbers matching and appears to be in excellent condition. I purchased this weapon from a dealer who got it from an estate sale. Although not represented to me as a bring-back, I believe that it could be. The SN is 236399 so I'm thinking that it was probably in the batch that was shipped to Russia. There are no import marks on it but the previous owner put some sort of number on several parts by electro-pencil.

I've been researching the Polar Bear Expedition and believe that it could have originated from that period of time.

My first question: Is this rifle properly referred to as an M1891 or M91? I've seen both. Thank you.
serial.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

GMan wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:10 am My first question: Is this rifle properly referred to as an M1891 or M91? I've seen both. Thank you.

serial.JPG
Welcome aboard the forums!

OH, don't start us up with that question! :chuckles:

Typically, if it is a Russian rifle, it's M1891. If it's a Finnish rifle M91.

But, it doesn't matter.

Darryl
starchamber

Post by starchamber »

Glad to be aboard and I hope to learn and, maybe, provide some insight! A thousand thanks!!!