How much would you pay for a S&W 29?

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Boi1901

How much would you pay for a S&W 29?

Post by Boi1901 »

I've recently been wanting to buy a pre "Clinton safety" model 29. I don't really "need" one and I don't think i'll be getting one soon, but anyways I would like to buy any 29 or 629 with a 4 inch barrel and up. I cant seem to find out what there worth because the prices are all over the place.
Sonny

Re: How much would you pay for a S&W 29?

Post by Sonny »

This is in Canada so it won't help you much but I've been thinking of getting one too. :thumbsup:

https://alflahertys.com/smith-wesson-mo ... ps-150145/
Boi1901

Post by Boi1901 »

Very good deal right there
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I wouldn't pay over seven or eight hundred bucks for one, which is exactly why I don't have one. The only configuration I would even consider the the Dirty Harry gun, and that just for kicks and giggles. Lucky punks and all that good stuff....

I just had to have a .44 mag, so I got one; it is an M69. It ain't a damn bit of fun to shoot with commercial magnum ammo. It beats the shit out of me, but I am an old man and not as strong as I once was. It is not so bad with .44 Spl. I like owning it a lot more than shooting it.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:29 pm I wouldn't pay over seven or eight hundred bucks for one, which is exactly why I don't have one. The only configuration I would even consider the the Dirty Harry gun, and that just for kicks and giggles. Lucky punks and all that good stuff....

I just had to have a .44 mag, so I got one; it is an M69. It ain't a damn bit of fun to shoot with commercial magnum ammo. It beats the shit out of me, but I am an old man and not as strong as I once was. It is not so bad with .44 Spl. I like owning it a lot more than shooting it.
Thats all their worth to me. I had a model 29 6", gave it to my son for his 40th birthday.. They are too big and heavy to carry and too expensive to shoot.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
eric28

Post by eric28 »

Boi1901 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:16 pm I've recently been wanting to buy a pre "Clinton safety" model 29. I don't really "need" one and I don't think i'll be getting one soon, but anyways I would like to buy any 29 or 629 with a 4 inch barrel and up. I cant seem to find out what there worth because the prices are all over the place.
$1,300 North should get you a good one
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

This is a new produced “Classic 29” pictured. Isn’t that about the going price for these? Now a older model might bring a premium these days