What A 91/30 Might Be Worth Today?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
wingspar

What A 91/30 Might Be Worth Today?

Post by wingspar »

Arthritis in my neck and shoulder dictates that I can no longer shoot high powered rifles, so I am going to be selling my 91/30 locally and am wondering what it is worth. I paid $165 for it 2013. A quick search on GB and the prices are all over the place, so I thought I’d ask for an opinion here. I have not shot the gun in years. Here is a link to the thread I started when I bought it. Tons of photos in that thread which was 3 pages long.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16039
Gary
WIll Fly for Food... and More Ammo
ffuries

Re: What A 91/30 Might Be Worth Today?

Post by ffuries »

Here's some recent (30 Jan 2021) hammer prices for M91/30s on GB, pointed out to me by another member on here. Just go to advance search on GB and look for competed auctions to see what they are going for now

1933 Izhevsk $800.00
1935 Tula $755.00
1942 Izhevsk $695.00
1943 Izhevsk $660.00

I think most people are moving them at around $350.00 to $450.00 depending on your region.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

Thanks. I’ve never figured out how to do a search for completed auctions on GB, but I finally figured it out. Wasn’t where I thought it should be. Seems like Tula’s are bringing more money than Izhevsk’s are. Prices are all over the place, but it seems those like mine are going for $355 with a couple around $450.
Gary
Tula44

Post by Tula44 »

I saw a 91/30 recently listed for $430 and I thought that was pretty high. Are you selling any accessories or ammo with the rifle or just the rifle alone?
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

The box, bayonet, ammo pouches and an oil container that came with the gun stay with the gun, but I will be selling it locally. Some photos of the accessories in the original thread I created when I bought the gun that I linked to in the first post of this thread.
Gary
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

wingspar wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:27 pm The box, bayonet, ammo pouches and an oil container that came with the gun stay with the gun, but I will be selling it locally. Some photos of the accessories in the original thread I created when I bought the gun that I linked to in the first post of this thread.
Cool, a lot I've seen for sale lately are lacking the ammo pouches and oiler and sometimes also the slings and bayonet. So somebody will be getting the complete thing. Another site I'm on, that is local to me, has a M91/30 for sale for $400.00 and I think it just sold.
Last edited by ffuries on Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Boi1901

Post by Boi1901 »

I just bought a Tula for 270 and I saw a Izhevsk arsenal refurbish going for 495, I also saw someone buy a Norinco sporter ,that was missing a bolt, go for 125.
So I'd say the prices are all over the place, It really depends on how good you get on with the seller , I guess.
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

ffuries wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:26 pm Cool, a lot I've seen for sell lately are lacking the ammo pouches and oiler and sometimes also the slings and bayonet. So somebody will be getting the complete thing. Another site I'm on, that is local to me, has a M91/30 for sale for $400.00 and I think it just sold.
I did not get a sling with this rifle, otherwise it is complete plus it is a matching numbers rifle. Since all this panic buying started a few months ago, the LGS is buying firearms outright instead of putting them on consignment. Not long ago he was telling me that people are wanting Mosins so I think it will be a quick sell for him. I think I’ll ask for $350 and take $300. I’m fortunate that money isn’t a problem for me and I’ll almost be doubling my money. Next on the chopping block is an M-38 with a real pretty laminate stock.
Gary
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

wingspar wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:56 pm
ffuries wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:26 pm Cool, a lot I've seen for sell lately are lacking the ammo pouches and oiler and sometimes also the slings and bayonet. So somebody will be getting the complete thing. Another site I'm on, that is local to me, has a M91/30 for sale for $400.00 and I think it just sold.
I did not get a sling with this rifle, otherwise it is complete plus it is a matching numbers rifle. Since all this panic buying started a few months ago, the LGS is buying firearms outright instead of putting them on consignment. Not long ago he was telling me that people are wanting Mosins so I think it will be a quick sell for him. I think I’ll ask for $350 and take $300. I’m fortunate that money isn’t a problem for me and I’ll almost be doubling my money. Next on the chopping block is an M-38 with a real pretty laminate stock.

I would hold out for $350.00 minimum. It will sell at that price quickly.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

SA1911a1 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:51 am I would hold out for $350.00 minimum. It will sell at that price quickly.
The LGS needs to make money, so I’ll be very happy with $300. If I can get more, great, but it’s not a big deal for me.
Gary
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

Well, the owner of the LGS didn’t even bat an eye at my $350 price, he just grabbed his paperwork and started the process. And, it turns out that I did have the sling. So, now I have an M38 that I’ll sell next. I’ll start another thread on that one. I think I paid about $350 for it several years ago and it arrived looking brand new never used and I have an even 100 rounds thru it.

I have a little over 300 rounds of Russian surplus corrosive ammo, but I have no clue as to how to sell ammo online. Is it legal for the average person to just ship ammo to another person?
Gary
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It has to ship UPS, or better yet, FedEx. Some states require it be shipped to an FFL dealer, others have no restrictions on ammo. I am sure you can find a buyer right nearby being that there is an ammo shortage on, and prices are sky high, as well as availability near zero.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

It looks like shipping ammo to Alaska, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Washington D.C. is a no no. I did ask the LGS if he was interested in it and he quickly said no, then said “let me think about it”. I don’t personally know anyone that shoots 7.62x54R, so selling it to the LGS seems like my best option. I’m hoping he will change his mind as I don’t think I want to try an sell it online. A quick search on completed items on GB shows that they are selling for about 57 to 62 cents per round. I paid 22 cents per round for what I have. I have 317 rounds left.
Gary