1945 91/30 Izhevsk

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
johnyy

1945 91/30 Izhevsk

Post by johnyy »

Hello!
New to the forum, but not to 91/30s!
As the subject line says, I bought a 91/30 at fleet farm on sale, paid a whooping $89 dollars for it about ten years ago.
When I got it home and cleaned it up it turned out to be a 1945 91/30 Izhevsk.
All numbers match except for the but plate which is force matched.
The tang is also dated 1945. Serial # is CK696.
It is in excellent+ condition and looked to have never been fired. All bluing is excellent with no wear at all.
The finish on the meatal is not pre war, as it is smooth as glass.
Stock is excellent also.
I Know its a rare model and I was wondering the value of such a rifle is today.
I will attempt some pics in the future as my camera died recently.
Regards, Johnyy
qz2026

Re: 1945 91/30 Izhevsk

Post by qz2026 »

:worthless:
;mywink;

Who knows the value of guns anymore? They are selling for a fortune since newbie panic buyers have overtaken the market. I suspect this one, with proper description and pictures, could sell for $400+ at auction depending on condition.
ssg_lord

Re: 1945 91/30 Izhevsk

Post by ssg_lord »

Sounds Like a great rifle, I look forward to pictures. You actually have a rather rare rifle if it's dated 1945. The Soviets officially ended M91/30 production in Feb 1944, small numbers of them continued to trickle out of Izhevsk until at least 1950 though. The CK stamped on some 1945 dated M91/30's stands for "скоростная" (speed rifle) These rifles were apparently made to sniper grade standards and were issued to Soviet ammunition factories to test ammunition velocities. If I'm reading the Soviet records correctly less then 500 speed rifles were made in 1945 making one a rather nice find, especially for 89$. Here is a picture of mine for comparison.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.