Gun show.......

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
ffuries

Gun show.......

Post by ffuries »

Gun show was a bust today........

1 Nagant M95 refurbished $550.00.
1 Chilean Mauser $800.00.
1 Polish M44, sold before I made my way to it.
Bunch of $3,000.00 to $4,000.00 Garands.
1 DP P14, didn't see a price and the vendor wouldn't come over and talk to me.
Saw a walk-in with a K11 and K31 wanted $1800.00 for the pair.

Prices for ammo was scarey and flying off the tables, $50.00 to $60.00 for a box of 380 or 9mm.

So basically a look and see trip for us. Went back to the truck started it up and was enjoying a smoke (Don't smoke in the truck or house). Was leaning over the driver's fender and kicked something. Found a 20 round AR magazine (Adventure Line), sitting just to the front of my tire. If it was there when I pulled in I was an inch away from flattening it, or someone dropped it afterwards and couldn't find it. So it's mine now......

Now I'm home chilling with a fresh cup of coffee......
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Gun show.......

Post by bunkysdad »

The last gun show I went to was 2 months ago and it was the same crap. I saw a vendor selling 150 Rd boxes of Browning plinking 9mm ammo for 125.00! Not no but hell no for me. I was buying these same boxes at Academy for 26.99 before the pandemic. Image
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Gun show.......

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Things have gone completely off the fucking rails now, I had four different calls today from people asking to buy a gun, any gun that will fire, and 9mm, or ,223 ammo. I am not known as a gun seller, or ammo seller, buyer yes, seller no, yet they call. I could make a killing selling guns to some of these fools but none are people I would trust with a firearm that had belonged to me. One offered me $400 for a New England Firearms 12 gauge single shot I had been trying to sell for a customer of ours five months ago. I had no takers and eventually sold it to a friend of mine for $100. I had to tell Mr. $400 three times that it had sold, it wasn't here anymore. Talking to a few guys I know who sometimes sell ammo or guns, they have nothing left, sold everything for beyond top dollar, yes, including box's of 9mm for $50 each, dollar a round. There are no gunshows here, but if there were I don't think they would have anything left to sell after an hour, including the $5000 M1's.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:25 pm Things have gone completely off the fucking rails now, I had four different calls today from people asking to buy a gun, any gun that will fire, and 9mm, or ,223 ammo. I am not known as a gun seller, or ammo seller, buyer yes, seller no, yet they call. I could make a killing selling guns to some of these fools but none are people I would trust with a firearm that had belonged to me. One offered me $400 for a New England Firearms 12 gauge single shot I had been trying to sell for a customer of ours five months ago. I had no takers and eventually sold it to a friend of mine for $100. I had to tell Mr. $400 three times that it had sold, it wasn't here anymore. Talking to a few guys I know who sometimes sell ammo or guns, they have nothing left, sold everything for beyond top dollar, yes, including box's of 9mm for $50 each, dollar a round. There are no gunshows here, but if there were I don't think they would have anything left to sell after an hour, including the $5000 M1's.
Another thing I saw was how long the line was for people to get their conceled carry. Every station they had for paperwork was filled, and they had additional stations this time.

Saw a lot of first time gun buyers, you could tell by the way they handled a gun and the questions they asked. Saw a ton of pistols and AR platform rifles being sold.
Last edited by ffuries on Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Oh, I forget I did see a mini M91/30.......Vendor wanted $450.00 for it. Couldn't wrap my brain around paying more for a mini rifle than the full size goes for.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That would be the mini Mosin in single shot 22LR? I was in Academy 2 weeks ago and saw a Mossberg Maverick 5 shot 12 ga for 200.00 but passed because I just bought a defense 12 ga. When I got home I saw the exact shotgun on Gunbroker and bids were already over 500.00! People have gone berserk!
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

bunkysdad wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:42 pm That would be the mini Mosin in single shot 22LR? I was in Academy 2 weeks ago and saw a Mossberg Maverick 5 shot 12 ga for 200.00 but passed because I just bought a defense 12 ga. When I got home I saw the exact shotgun on Gunbroker and bids were already over 500.00! People have gone berserk!
Yes on the Mini Mosin. My wife thought it was cute and said look the little grandkids (4 yo's) can be just like Pee Paw!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I was in my favorite Pawn & Gun and asked to handle an SKS behind the counter. He handed it to me but told me that it was sold and the woman was coming in to pick it up in a couple of hours. It was a Norinco, missing the magazine, with a beat up stock and he sold it for $600.00...

The owner is retiring and closing the shop at the end of this month, I am waiting for him to call me with some last minute "deals." He has about 20 long guns and maybe ten handguns left in the store and right now, all of them are overpriced. He does have an old Colt Army Special in 32-20 revolver that I wouldn't mind having, but not at the $600.00 asking price.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

It's a sellers market now for sure. I always scour the pawn shops for good deals and like everywhere else things have dried up or are priced insanely high. People are scared and I figure for good reason which is why what I've accumulated over the years is still sitting in the gun room. I have some spare AR's and lowers but I'm going to stand pat on them for a while. One thing I'm convinced of is we are going to see an administration that is going to non-stop assault our gun rights. I hate to say it but I honestly think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I knew it had officially hit the fan when I saw advertisements for 70 cents a round for steel cased 223 not including shipping a few weeks ago.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

ffuries wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:23 pm Oh, I forget I did see a mini M91/30.......Vendor wanted $450.00 for it. Couldn't wrap my brain around paying more for a mini rifle than the full size goes for.
Common 91/30's are selling regularly on GB for $450 -600. Yep. :2cents:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Friend of mine saw a Romanian AK for $1000 firm this morning, no ammo at all, not even a suggestion that some is coming. Guy tried to sell him a used Remington 1187 for 1200. Keep walking, move along, don't make eye contact...
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

My last few purchases have been through a pawn store owner friend and that's about the only good deals you'll find right now.
I gave him a couple pistols to sell last week in trade for a new Winchester 94 in 44mag cal. Someone had just sold him the rifle and he told me to move quick if I wanted it or it would be gone. His inventory is about out and no way of restocking anything right now. His ammo stock is $12,000 below his inventory this time last year and he brought in his own ammo from home to sell during deer season. He's kept his prices as usual and not robbing people blind like I'm seeing everywhere else I've been.
I got a email from Cheaper than Dirt last night wanting to sell me 223 ammo for $50 a box of 20 rounds. 9mm ammo was priced at $99 for a box of 50 rounds of common FMJ. To hell with these people, I'll remember them later on when things cool off.
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

Remember when you could get good deals at gun shows? Ah seems like it was just last year. That being said it's a crap shoot for ammo prices right now. Cabelas when they have it you can still get at pre pandemic prices but that has more to do with it's contracted at that price. Learned that from talking to a few guys at the counter. Local gun shop finally broke down and raised prices on 9mm but that has more to do with what they paid for it went up also. Even federal is selling it for more on their site now when it is in stock. What really sucks is 7.62x25 it went from $20 a box of 50 to near $60 a box over night up here in Ohio. This craziness has to stop sometime though right? :bonk:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Remember 4 years ago, when there was only 12 ga. bird shot in the stores ? We're back there again, and production will be regulated to hell and lead and copper production shut down again. I don't see cheap ammo in the near future.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
noncompimp

Post by noncompimp »

I just bought a '52 Polish M44 that is original as far as I can tell. I am going to a local gunshow tomorrow to see what is available as far as original cleaning kits etc. I paid $450.00 at a pawnshop but it didn't come with any extras. It's my second mosin. the first being a russian 91/30 like 10 years ago.$120.00 out the door..straight from Siberia with all the extras including 10 pounds of cosmoline to cook out. Just reaching out...new to the site....waiting for my OP to go through.

Peace...or war...whatever is coming.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:59 am
ffuries wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:23 pm Oh, I forget I did see a mini M91/30.......Vendor wanted $450.00 for it. Couldn't wrap my brain around paying more for a mini rifle than the full size goes for.
Are they listing for that or selling for that?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Lavitias wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:16 am Remember when you could get good deals at gun shows? Ah seems like it was just last year. That being said it's a crap shoot for ammo prices right now. Cabelas when they have it you can still get at pre pandemic prices but that has more to do with it's contracted at that price. Learned that from talking to a few guys at the counter. Local gun shop finally broke down and raised prices on 9mm but that has more to do with what they paid for it went up also. Even federal is selling it for more on their site now when it is in stock. What really sucks is 7.62x25 it went from $20 a box of 50 to near $60 a box over night up here in Ohio. This craziness has to stop sometime though right? :bonk:
Since the mid to late 90s, the only really good deals I have got at gun shows is from people walking in with stuff on their shoulders. I will not be going to another show until a month after my second Covid shot. Then, with the way things are going, I will probably get a table. What would you reckon a case of 7.62 x 54 is going for now days? Of course, it might be better to sell them by the round, all you want for a dollar a round. I could do some deals, buy a box of ammo, get a free gun. ;)
noncompimp wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:40 pm I just bought a '52 Polish M44 that is original as far as I can tell. I am going to a local gunshow tomorrow to see what is available as far as original cleaning kits etc. I paid $450.00 at a pawnshop but it didn't come with any extras. It's my second mosin. the first being a russian 91/30 like 10 years ago.$120.00 out the door..straight from Siberia with all the extras including 10 pounds of cosmoline to cook out. Just reaching out...new to the site....waiting for my OP to go through.

Peace...or war...whatever is coming.
Welcome. $450.00 for a Polish rifle could be a good price now days. Show us some pics!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:03 pm
steelbuttplate wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:59 am
Are they listing for that or selling for that?
These are all 91/30's : SOLD on GB
Tula '35 $755
Izhevsk '33, $800
Izhevsk '43, $660
Izhevsk '42, $695.
All were nice with some accessories. Nagant pistols are in the $450-$550 range.
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

SA1911a1 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:17 pm
Since the mid to late 90s, the only really good deals I have got at gun shows is from people walking in with stuff on their shoulders. I will not be going to another show until a month after my second Covid shot. Then, with the way things are going, I will probably get a table. What would you reckon a case of 7.62 x 54 is going for now days? Of course, it might be better to sell them by the round, all you want for a dollar a round. I could do some deals, buy a box of ammo, get a free gun. ;)

Depends on what kind it is Brass case 54r surplus can be had for 64 cents a round at SG right now steel case is around the same price for surplus. With Brass case new being 95 cents to a dollar a round. I just found steel case new production for cheaper then any of that at 55 cents a round. So most of your Mosin owners probably won't pay that though since they probably have spam cans stashed away and their willing to look around for the deals on it still. Same with x39 as for some reason even though AK's/SKS's are getting popular that market hasn't been slammed nearly as hard and can still be found for under 50 cents a round if your willing to look. Now .223/5.56 ya you can probably do that buy a case and get a free AR lol. The really ridiculous market though is getting to be .22lr. Seeing 33cents a round for it on the low end now. That keeps going up you can shoot a AK or SKS for cheaper which is :bonk:
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Our club had a swap meet, but I didn't go since I didn't have cash at the time. No firearms or ammunition sales either, but apparently a lot of other gun related items changed hands. I won't be doing any gun shows until my second dose has kicked in-sometime in March at the earliest. Not much worth buying out there at current prices.