Reloading

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
Scott-H

Reloading

Post by Scott-H »

Hey guys! I’ve had my Mosin for quite a while & although factory ammo is super cheap & plentiful I’ve decided to start reloading. I’ve seen on forums a lot of reloaders use the Sierra MK 174gr head with vit N140 & was wondering if any of you reloaders use the same & what your results are? I’m in the U.K. & there’s a lot of powders we can’t get & as I reload for my 308 using N140 this is the powder I’m gonna stick with for now:)

Any advice would be appreciated:)

Cheers!
Lotema

Re: Reloading

Post by Lotema »

N140 works pretty well for me across a wide range of bullets in the Mosins. I've also had very good success with H4895 and some others. Which bullet a particular rifle likes seems to vary but other than my Finn m28/76, I'm not too worried about optimal accuracy so will shoot what ever shoots reasonably well for the $$. Commodity Hornady 150's can shoot well enough to make me happy and in my PU has achieved .54 MOA at 100 yards with H4895. Doesn't break the bank and still puts a grin on my face. N140 is a good powder for the Mosin though and you won't go wrong with that.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Scott-H

Re: Reloading

Post by Scott-H »

Many thanks Lotema! I’ve ordered 182gr heads & I’ll work up a load from there. Been recommended the Sierra 174gr to try too so I’ll see how the 182’s shoot & take it from there:)

Cheers!