9mm ammo price?

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
Sonny

9mm ammo price?

Post by Sonny »

Our Cabelas in the city had a sale on 9mm ammo. Winchester 100 round packs for $26.99 Canuckbucks. Which is $13.50 per box of 50 rounds and that works out to just over $10 USD.
This is a pretty good deal since we all know ammo is going up and up plus I got free shipping. :thumbsup:

So just wondering what you southern guys are paying for a box of 9mm?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tjtM38

Re: 9mm ammo price?

Post by tjtM38 »

When you can find it, it is costing as much as $40 for a box of 50. These are the highest prices I have ever seen and the inventory is very low. Luckily I am well stocked with about 2200 rounds bought before the pandemic and current shortage.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

tjtM38 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:29 pm When you can find it, it is costing as much as $40 for a box of 50. These are the highest prices I have ever seen and the inventory is very low. Luckily I am well stocked with about 2200 rounds bought before the pandemic and current shortage.
Wow that expensive but when our supply starts to run low ( and some say it is already) our prices are going to sky rocket too.

I currently have 2650 rounds of 9mm but my Chiappa M1-9mm and Beretta 92fs eats ammo real quick. This sale is over now but they usually have another ammo sale around Easter time.I might have to use my tax refund (if I get one) to get another case then. :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

9mm is unobtanium around here, you could offer a hundred bucks a box of fifty, maybe two hundred, but unlikely anyone is parting with it if they have it. Few are admitting they have it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

I just made arrangements to pick up components for another thousand rounds of 9mm Luger. After that, I’ll be buying projectiles to load 3k 45ACP, but I can’t load it all at once-don’t have that much brass for it. As far as 9mm brass goes, I’ve got enough to load another 7k up.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

That sounds like a smoking deal. Congrats... Every once in a while some lucky guy will find a deal like this. But, in general either the ammo, no matter what caliber, is either unobtainable and priced ridiculously high. Like others, I had a lot of ammo stocked up and sufficient reloading components. It always helps, however, to be a little disciplined at the range too during these times :D
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

9mm? What is that? Is that one of the mythical calibers that not one box has been seen of on store shelves for ten months?
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I have seen it over a buck a round. But you will not find any in a retail store where I am. The only ammo that survives on the shelves is some of the odd caliber rifle rounds. People began buying everything, whether they had a gun to shoot it or not, planning on speculating.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Holy smokes I should start a smuggling operation.

Joking of course because I don't want to end up in the gray bar hotel with a cellmate named Bubba. :big shock:
Igrlik

Post by Igrlik »

S&B Luger FMJ 124gr 50pc box 11 € = 13.4 $
S&B Luger FMJ 150gr Subsonic 50pc box 13.5 € = 16.3 $
S&B Luger JHP 115gr 50pc box 16 € = 19.4 $
But OVERSEAS - Slovakia.
Igrlik

Post by Igrlik »

bonus
Factory reloaded AlsaPro Luger FMJ 124gr 100pc foil sack 17 € = 20.50 $
my own reloaded Luger FMJ 124gr 9.4 eurocent/pc = 11.3 US cent = > 11.30 $ / 100pc (bullet + primer + powder, case gathered from shooting range)
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

Every caliber I have has more than doubled in price in a year, if I can even find it.

Except for 7.62x38r Nagant. It's pretty much the same as ever, if not even cheaper. When life gives you lemons...
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

AMCHornet wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:08 am Every caliber I have has more than doubled in price in a year, if I can even find it.

Except for 7.62x38r Nagant. It's pretty much the same as ever, if not even cheaper. When life gives you lemons...
That is about the only caliber I have seen in the wild lately.The LGS had an empty shelf except for 3 boxes of Nagant ammo, and a box of 25-06.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I went to Academy yesterday and all they had was 28 ga shotgun shells. Next truck in 5 days they said. I’m good anyways, just thought I’d get out and take a look
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bunkysdad wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:04 am I went to Academy yesterday and all they had was 28 ga shotgun shells. Next truck in 5 days they said. I’m good anyways, just thought I’d get out and take a look
Here the buyer would say I'll take it, and then ask if they had a 28 gauge shotgun for sale.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They way things are up here just now if I wanted to be an asshole I could sell off just about every firearm I own, and round of ammo for many, many times what I paid for it with no haggling, and retire. I am not getting involved with this shit, just going to sit here and watch, pass the popcorn please.
Theodore Roosevelt
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

Walmart down here in South Texas had a full shelf of 28 gauge and nothing else....i do not remember ever seeing a 28 gauge shotgun....anywhere.....
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

tomaustin wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:31 pm Walmart down here in South Texas had a full shelf of 28 gauge and nothing else....i do not remember ever seeing a 28 gauge shotgun....anywhere.....
My ex FIL had a 28 gauge 870. Pretty sweet.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

We have had a couple of Browning Citori's O/U in 28ga come through the shop. Very nice and very high dollar.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Last gun in the store, last ammo, mushroom cloud rising in the distance, price $50,000 in gold, you have it you pay if you have no other means of defending yourself. Everyone was told to prepare, the ones that blew it off, oh well, the ones that made fun of anyone suggesting they should prepare while blowing off the suggestions, fuck 'em.
Theodore Roosevelt