Schmidt M1882/29 Swiss Ordnance Revolver 7.5 MM

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
catcracker

Schmidt M1882/29 Swiss Ordnance Revolver 7.5 MM

Post by catcracker »

Just made a new purchase for way too much money. But this revolver just looked so cool to me, so I had to scratch that itch. I haven't received it yet, but it looks to be in really great condition.
Like a lot of firearms I have purchased over the years, I seem to buy what I think is really cool, then read about it's history just before, or more often, after the purchase. Not the smartest way to invest/collect. But it is what it is, and I have this one now. Any information, comments, or experience with this revolver would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PS. Haven't been around too much lately. But great to be back, and see familiar faces still here.
Merry Christmas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Schmidt M1882/29 Swiss Ordnance Revolver 7.5 MM

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

1957 Chevy hardtop, 1957 Chevy ragtop, 1957 Chevy Nomad, 1957 Corvette, 1968 Buick Special 4 door, 1957.....wait, what? Yea, I think outside the box on most of what I buy also, why else would I own Mosins at a time when they were the rifle of the commie menace. They hate me at the car shows, I always make the biggest fuss over the oddball sedans, wagons, unrestored original less than " cool" cars, and mostly ignore the cookie cutter fully restored big money tri five Chevys, Vetts, and endless muscle cars with their six and seven figure price tags. I remember buying a tiny Belgian pinfire revolver in '84 for $20, and the shit I took for buying a gun I can't get ammo for. It looked cool, so I bought it , and still own it. Nice find, and who cares what anyone else thinks about it if you like it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt