BL-C2 FOR 7.62X54R high pressure signs

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
Soonerfan66

BL-C2 FOR 7.62X54R high pressure signs

Post by Soonerfan66 »

I have been using H4895 for long time but ran out and was able to find BL-C2 powder . I made some test loads up with suggested load data and went to try them out . The first shot was very hard to open the bolt and the primer showed signs of high pressure . I have a range at home so I went back to the house and pulled a bullet and checked the charge and it was ok . Seating depth was good also on the other rounds . I went back out and same thing happened . I stopped and went back unloading all the test rounds , they all showed to be correct . This is the first time using BL-C2 for 7.62x54R and I am at a lost . I have used BL-C2 in other calibers since got it with good results . Anyone else using BL-C2 ?
entropy

Re: BL-C2 FOR 7.62X54R high pressure signs

Post by entropy »

You didn't just post on THR about this did you? :wink:

My advice there stands. IMR 4064 is the best powder for 7.62x54R. Varget and IMR 3031 will work well also.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

H4895 is available again. Most of Hodgdon and IMR stuff is available too at the websites...
Soonerfan66

Post by Soonerfan66 »

I hadn't check back in awhile . But yes I did post same question on a few other forums . Didn't seem was getting much notice and it never hurts to get to get other opinions . Also I checked the bullets and did find a few that may of been out of round a little . I tossed them and loaded another batch of test loads and got no pressure signs .