Sourcing Ammunition

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
DuffyintheBronx

Sourcing Ammunition

Post by DuffyintheBronx »

Evening Everyone,
My son just bought a 1943 Izhevsk Mosin Nagant 91/30, and he's tight on money, and I'm trying to get a bunch of 7.62x54r ammo for him. I'm in NYC, and he's in Conroe, TX 77301. I'm having a hard time finding this cartridge. Can anyone suggest tips on this purchase? Thanks for the help.
awalker1829

Re: Sourcing Ammunition

Post by awalker1829 »

Look on line at the various ammo merchants. Either that or he can look at the various gun auction websites and try to find some ammo for sale near him. 7.62x54 is a popular cartridge, so it’s in demand right now.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Lucky Gunner, and Brownells has some, 60-70 cents a round. Thats about the going price on Gunbroker too.
Just found J&G sales has Brown bear .50c a round. plus shipping. :facepalm1:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I just did some dealing with a guy on GunBroker who had as part of a rifle deal a case of Red Army .54r. I got him down to about .50 cents a round including shipping. I still have a ton of surplus but I thought I would pay extra for the non corrosive stuff for my PSL. I think that the days of cheap .54r ammo is over. You'll just have to pay the going rate since what is out there now is probably all the will be imported. And even if the importers get their hands on more surplus (it must be out there in fairly large quantities still..), they'll mark it up just as they did when they found some more Mosins laying around... I think that you're looking at a $1 a round in the future for even surplus.
DuffyintheBronx

Post by DuffyintheBronx »

Great, thanks for the help.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »