New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
lexxx

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by lexxx »

Hello everyone, my name is lex, happy to be here. Looking into buying my first mosin, (hoping for an m44!) and there's a lot of info to be had on this site so thanks! Im a Russian history nerd so love the historical value of these firearms.
Thanks a lot!
Lex
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Hi Lex, pull up a seat!

Dolk
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

DirSec wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:30 am Just received an inherited Type 44 that I believe is an M44 Carbine, that my father brought to the U.S. from Vietnam as a "War Trophy".

Still trying to narrow down the details and hopefully sharing images with forum members will make this possible.

Thanks for having me.
I hope you will get some pics of that rifle posted, welcome.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
sommersonne

Post by sommersonne »

Hey everyone!
I’ve been a Mosin collector since 2008, started with a 1929 Hex, 1937 Round, 1942 sniper and then got Chinese T53 that you don’t wanna hear about. I also have an all matching 1953 Russian SKS!
I have my rifles pure preservation condition. But guys, I lost the thumb nut screw on my PU mount on my sniper. So that’s kinda what brought me here. Thanks for having me!
ww2_bf_finland

Post by ww2_bf_finland »

Newbie here!
I recently bought a Finnish Sako M/39 1943 SkY. My first Finnish military rifle.
If you are at IG check my ww2_battlefront_finland !!!
Br Jouni
IG: ww2_battlefront_finland
Jimkinmd

Post by Jimkinmd »

Hello and thanks for the add. I have a few 91/30s and and a M44. Looking to learn more about reloading for them..
brennan909

Post by brennan909 »

Hello. New Mosin owner here. I picked up a m91 (1904 dated) and was looking for some more info, thus why i am here! hope to find out some more!
petersalt

Post by petersalt »

HI, I'm peterNaCl .. on GB since starting around 1992. Bought goodies from both Vic and Brent and hundreds of other C&R collectors. Wondered what had happened to mosin-nagant.net .. found this place and it looks pretty good for now.
peterNaCl
Remagen

Post by Remagen »

Hi folks!! I My name is Dmitry. I just became a Mosin owner a few days ago
Robert8904

Post by Robert8904 »

I just bought my first Mosin from Bud's. It's a 91-30, hex receiver Ex Dragoon listed as excellent condition. I appreciate the "no mods" policy here.
colin lacey

Post by colin lacey »

Hello to all I am a new to the forum I am in the uk I have owned a mosin for over 20 years.
I am loking forward to being a member of the forum.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

colin lacey wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:27 am Hello to all I am a new to the forum I am in the uk I have owned a mosin for over 20 years.
I am loking forward to being a member of the forum.
Welcome aboard. What have you got.?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Miami Cossack

Post by Miami Cossack »

My name Viktor, my only Mosin 1900 model. I have this from 1970's. Wood stock is shot, but very good functions. The front sight have no shroud, never I see one like this. Actually, I never look around for any info. Where I come from this is a farmer gun. Everyone have one, they work but nobody is "enthusastst". Just like owning shovel or rake. I look around.
sapper44

Post by sapper44 »

Hello, long time lurker first time poster. The name is Chris and I have been collecting military rifles for a while and have had a fair few Mosin-Nagants. I focus mainly on Carcanos, but just like them all and can't pass up a deal. I work in a small gun store in Texas and my wife has told me more than once to come home with a paycheck and not another gun!
Chris
Renfield54

Post by Renfield54 »

I originally joined years ago under the same username....Renfield54....just signed in not too long ago. But, today, I didn't exist.....so, I re-registered and created a new account. I enjoy Mosins...I've got 4 of 'em...2 Russian - M44 (1947) & M91-30 (1942 ex-sniper) and 2 Finnish - M39 S.K.Y. (1942 barrel, 1894 French receiver) and an M28 S.Y. can't state the year on the barrel, slipped my mind at the moment...a 1907? or 05? receiver. I strayed away from here, and missed it....glad to be back. Just gotta figure out hoe to post, or reply to a post, all over again....the forum looks a lot different....lol
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Renfield54 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:56 pm I originally joined years ago under the same username....Renfield54....just signed in not too long ago. But, today, I didn't exist.....so, I re-registered and created a new account. I enjoy Mosins...I've got 4 of 'em...2 Russian - M44 (1947) & M91-30 (1942 ex-sniper) and 2 Finnish - M39 S.K.Y. (1942 barrel, 1894 French receiver) and an M28 S.Y. can't state the year on the barrel, slipped my mind at the moment...a 1907? or 05? receiver. I strayed away from here, and missed it....glad to be back. Just gotta figure out hoe to post, or reply to a post, all over again....the forum looks a lot different....lol
Welcome back, was the former registration more than ten years ago? If so it was on the old RMNF board, the board changed ownership at that time and members had to reregister on the new one.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Renfield54

Post by Renfield54 »

I think I joined back around '04-'06 or thereabouts, but as I said last night, I logged in within the past month or less with no problem. I think I figured out what MAY have happened, we just switched away from Earthlink to a Spectrum internet account....new faster modem & different router....seems to have screwed around with some things....here maybe....and suddenly I can't log into my retirement account either, so.....that's my theory on what happened. Glad to be back 8n any case!
Renfield54

Post by Renfield54 »

Steve here...(Renfield54)
Still trying to figure out forum navigation.....jumping in feet first & floundering about, but I am sure I'll figure out what I'm doing....lol
Besides my 4 Mosins, I have a mixed bag of other surplus rifles, such as a Yugo SKS mod. 59-66....Yugo M48 Mauser....Lithgow #1-mkIII....plus one other rifle I bought "as is".....a Spanish M93 Mauser that had been altered to carbine length.....at $70.....for that cheap a price, I took it home....it really still shoots fairly good.. This is the only reference I will make to it.....I promise.
fred2892

Post by fred2892 »

I was sure I was a member here years ago and couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t log in anymore. I mainly use Tapatalk for the past 10 years and always blamed that as the problem. However it seems I’m no longer a member and all I’ve been doing is re registering. So let’s try again, here’s my first post.
I’m Fred, own only one mosin, a 43 Tula 91/30. Very interested in the history behind military rifles and always keen to learn more.
rickster777

Post by rickster777 »

Hello,

I currently have two Mosin's, an Izhevsk M91 dated 1896 and an Izhevsk 91/30 dated 1941. I joined to be able to learn more about them. I mostly lurk on forums. Thanks for letting me join.

Cheers,

Rick