Pair of .32 S&W Long Snub Nose

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
tjtM38

Pair of .32 S&W Long Snub Nose

Post by tjtM38 »

I haven't posted in a while and as a bored senior citizen sitting at home during this pandemic, I thought I would throw these little .32 snubbies on the site for your viewing. The top one is a H&R 733 nickel plated and the bottom is a S&W Model 31 from 1972. The H&R was made in 1976. I have shot both these revolvers and they are good shooters. I prefer the S&W because it just feels better in my hand. The grip on the H&R is too small to have good control when shooting double action. .32 S&W Long is expensive and not very plentiful, and I don't reload this caliber. Thanks for looking. Everyone stay safe out there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sonny

Re: Pair of .32 S&W Long Snub Nose

Post by Sonny »

Those are real nice but I could never own one of those because we have a stupid law up here that says any pistol with a barrel less than 100mm ( 4 inches ) is prohibited. :b sad: :b sad:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:vcool: I've got a 1920 S&W .32 long, 3 inch. I'm keeping it, it was my front pocket gun until I got the 37 airweight. Neat little pistols, they won't shoot thru a road sign, but would probably save your ass.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

" Neat little pistols, they won't shoot thru a road sign "

I've seen your work, you really get around. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

Nice revolvers. I had to break out the Smith and Wesson book to see the difference between a model 30 and a model 31 after seeing the S@W you posted up. :thumbsup:

(S@W model 31 had a long production run, that one was made up until 1993)
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Longcolt44 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:44 pm " Neat little pistols, they won't shoot thru a road sign "

I've seen your work, you really get around. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:chuckles:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I like that S&W!!!!
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Pocket pistols! Those look great
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Sonny wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:58 am Those are real nice but I could never own one of those because we have a stupid law up here that says any pistol with a barrel less than 100mm ( 4 inches ) is prohibited. :b sad: :b sad:
Damn, that means I would be banned in Canada.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

bunkysdad wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:19 pm Pocket pistols! Those look great
Thanks; yeah their size is small, but these are all steel revolvers, so either one is a bit heavy in a pants pocket and even on the belt. Don't think I would ever carry one for self-defense, simply because of the weight and the lethargic .32 S&W Long cartridge. I much prefer my S&W Model 638, a "bodyguard" airweight in .38 Spl +P. Even with only five rounds, the .38 is far superior.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

etprescottazusa91 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:04 pm Nice revolvers. I had to break out the Smith and Wesson book to see the difference between a model 30 and a model 31 after seeing the S@W you posted up. :thumbsup:

(S@W model 31 had a long production run, that one was made up until 1993)
After seeing this post and breaking out the Smith and Wesson book I realized I had one of these or a pre model 31. The difference between a .32 Hand Ejector (model 30) and a .32 Regulation Police (mod 31) is how they name the caliber stamped on the barrel. The model 30 Hand Ejector is stamped 32 S@W Special while the model 31 Regulation Police is stamped .32 S@W Long otherwise these are virtually the same revolver and it turns out, I have a pre model 31 when I always thought I had a pre model 30 the Model 30's were discontinued in 1974 model 31's were made until 1993
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I'm really liking these snubnose 38's. The only one I ever had was a 5 shot stainless Rossi that was surprisingly nice shooting.