New M18

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
awalker1829

New M18

Post by awalker1829 »

I decided that I wanted a SIG M17 and recalled seeing one at the LGS last week when I was there for supplies. So I went back yesterday and the one on display had sold. So I mentioned what I was looking for to the clerk and he went back to the stockroom to get another one. He came back with an M18 and I just went with that. Here’s what I got:

While I had been waiting for the clerk to bring the gun up from the stockroom, I spotted a new Glock 19X on sale. I didn’t think much about it, as I’d previously had one and traded it for a Colt .38 Police Positive Special. After getting home, I decided that I’d get another one. So I went back today to put it on layaway and guess what was in the display case-an M17. So I put both of them on layaway. So when they get paid off, I’ll have a M17, M18 and another Glock 19X.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New M18

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Glock’s marketing team really screwed up. I think they should have released the 19X with the Army mandated manual safety. People that want it often want the exact configuration that was submitted for the MHS competition. SIG figured that out and is pumping out thousands of MHS configuration M17s and M18s, not to mention selling a few of the guns that were submitted for the MHS competition at premium prices.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

I wish I had your spare coin, AWlaker1829. I have to agree with you about the Glock. Poor planning resulting in poor sales.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That pistol could help me repeal my prohibition on plastic guns.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

This is my EDC pistol:

It’s a standard SIG P320 with TruGlow night sights and the Medium size polymer frame. I’ve got big hands and the Medium frame fits me just fine. The frame comes in Small, Medium and Large and can be bought over the web for approximately $40-50 plus shipping. Best of all, it’s not a controlled item since the fire control unit is modular and the frame is not integral to it. I’ve got a spare frame at home, just in case.