New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
steelbuttplate

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by steelbuttplate »

Chograph wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:48 pm I found a (circled K) on the forward barrel shank bolt side and a (circled U ) ? also forward on the barrel shank but on the opposite side. Any help?
Circle K thought to be point of aim proof mark. Nice looking Remington, got more pics ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
David LaPell

Post by David LaPell »

Hello all, became a Mosin owner again after my last one some 20 plus years ago.
RMAC60

Post by RMAC60 »

I am back to collecting mosin nagants again I used to be a member of this site many years ago known as Tinner and I couldn't remember my password or correct screen name .. which brings me to letting people know that I finally have bought my first Finnish Mosin Nagant it is a M39
tinman1960

Post by tinman1960 »

I have the dreaded Mosinitus again lol btw you will find me under tinman1960 and I just wanted to say I'm back and I am going to be collecting again and I missed this forum
Roel

Post by Roel »

Roel wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:13 am
steelbuttplate wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:01 am
Roel wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:05 am Hey guys!

This is my first post before my 5 days are over😅

I am roel and i live in the neterlands
I love shooting surplus rifles and own a lee enfield and an m1 garand
Now i found a mosin on the internet and i am thinking of buying in so i thought lets ask the experts what you
Think of this one and maybe give some advice if it is a real sniper?
I only have a few photos of the rifle from the internet and havent seen it in real live (yet)
The advert says it is a sniperrifle with matching numbers!

If you have anything To tell me about the rifle please dont hesitate to do so
Thanks in advance

3EE6B88E-9EFE-43C5-BE72-FEDCD0A60603.jpeg7E70E07F-10FA-434F-8CB3-50164A533979.jpegE9CE2A62-797E-462A-B3FD-75C4F1E7D290.jpeg7225A73C-CC13-430A-855A-145A60016084.jpegB1311039-A1BF-42CF-86C7-F0FA82667D63.jpegBD8BF660-6240-48DB-B99E-A17C455272F9.jpegBEF3AD49-DC62-45A2-92A4-CF05B2EB09A7.jpegBBE16E28-DA3C-42F4-9BD7-5BFD29F23EA9.jpegF76DC526-649A-455D-98CC-C20A6C23B4FD.jpeg1C45D3F3-1575-454A-B2E6-7CDF0A05CDBE.jpeg66C43E46-ED4F-4F6A-A8CD-36B2A773AD8C.jpegF219AE24-9E56-4955-B40E-6ED7730AE20D.jpeg3EE6B88E-9EFE-43C5-BE72-FEDCD0A60603.jpeg
That one looks genuine from the pictures, very nice condition. Tulsky import.

Thnx!
Small question what would you pay for a rilfe like this? Because the seller asks a lot for it
1890€ 2062$

I reached out to the seller for more photos and he send me these!
Looks like the bold is legit too (my opinion)😅

But i see on the scopemount that the serielnumber is ingraved And on the rest of the rifle it is stamped
Does this mean that it is not all matching numbers or not at all?

The scope does have an other number?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cobra3913

First Mosin Nagant

Post by Cobra3913 »

Hi Was with my wife this past weekend visiting my brother in law in Ocala Florida . We were there to help him do some house cleaning, while picking up in one of the bedrooms I spotted a Rifle hanging on the wall. He said he traded some stuff and paid $20 for it at a Pawn shop and was told it was a Mauser. He let me have it . Brought it home to Jacksonville Florida and did a little research and found out it was a Mosin Nagant M44 but has no dates on the barrel. Plan on having headspace and firing pin checked and then take to a range and put a couple of rounds through it. Little dirty and has some pitting on barrel slide and trigger work great. here are the pictures .Thank you for a great forum I plan on collecting more Mosin Nagants Take Care Any help on Date and country it was made would be great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hlin

Post by hlin »

Hello all! I just got a 1937 Izhevsk at mint condition, and am in search of a hex receiver. What's the difference between a 1933 Tula and a 1928 Izhevsk (all hex)? Which one is more collectable?

Thanks in advance!
jd50i

Post by jd50i »

Hello,

I bought my Mosin back in the 1980's at a department store called Roses in Blue Ridge, Ga. for $35.
From what I can find it is a 1915 Westinghouse and does have a boxed SA showing it was in Finland.
I'll make another post on my main reason for joining, getting more information on it.
IMG_2179.JPG
Ghost-Writer

Post by Ghost-Writer »

Hello, I'm not really new to this forum just enjoy reading, finally joined after all this time!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Ghost-Writer wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:30 pm Hello, I'm not really new to this forum just enjoy reading, finally joined after all this time!
Welcome aboard.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
9130sniper

Post by 9130sniper »

Hi, I am Al from England, been shooting since the Romans left...lol. I have 2 Mosins and I love 'em. Both shoot extremely well, contrary to public opinion. One is a hex from Izhevsk, 1931 and the other is from Tula and is 1942. You can certainly tell the quality difference between the two; the Izhevsk is far better made in my opinion. A small problem has occurred lately. The Tula tends to rust after shooting the corrosive '65 and '77 ammo. I clean it properly and after a week, hey ho, more rust on the bore. I have used ''anti rust'' oils, car oils etc and still the same happens. I would greatly appreciate any member's opinion on this subject. Looking down the bore, I cannot see any problems when cleaned but sure as eggs are eggs, it returns. Is there an oil, recommended to halt this? By the way the Izhevsk doesn't rust, even after corrosive ammo and good cleaning. Hmmmmmmmmmmm brain hurts!!!!!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

You have to get the corrosive salts out if the bore with water. Oils won't get rid of them. There are countless opinions on the proper way, but this is what I do and have no rust issues. Run a couple of patches wet with windex (or whatever they call water based glass cleaner in England) through the bore,follow with some dry patches to get the water out, and then clean as usual.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
9130sniper

Post by 9130sniper »

Thanks for that info. We do have the equivalent of Windex here. I'll try it. I have been looking in the forum for cleaning and rust options and found a load of info. Great forum and boy you lot know your stuff. Really interesting articles as well. I am glad that I found this site. I have an Izhevsk 9130, pre-war, which has no shellac and displays a beautiful laminated stock. Has this rifle been stripped or did they come like this at any time. I saw a 57 on the tang, presumably that is a revamp from the arsenal. My other rifle is a Tula 1942.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

9130sniper wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:36 pm Thanks for that info. We do have the equivalent of Windex here. I'll try it. I have been looking in the forum for cleaning and rust options and found a load of info. Great forum and boy you lot know your stuff. Really interesting articles as well. I am glad that I found this site. I have an Izhevsk 9130, pre-war, which has no shellac and displays a beautiful laminated stock. Has this rifle been stripped or did they come like this at any time. I saw a 57 on the tang, presumably that is a revamp from the arsenal. My other rifle is a Tula 1942.
If you could post some pics, we can tell you what you have. To the best of my knowledge, all of the Russian stocks went out with shellac finishes. Shellac is not very durable, and goes away pretty quick. I dont know about the 57. I have not seen any date stamp corresponding to a refurb. MO rifles excluded. The fact that a prewar rifle has a laminated stock, suggests it has been refurbished.

C. S. Lewis
Srupidhaircuts

Post by Srupidhaircuts »

Hello from Utah! Love mosin's currently the collection consists of
1927 Tula 91/30
1938 tula 91/30
1943 ish 91/30 [bubba version]
1952 Hungarian m44.
I love to tinker with them and make them run smoother by smithing the actions and triggers. They are great shooters.
lemmyk57

Post by lemmyk57 »

Hello from South Dakota.....

Been out of the hobby for a few years, but just got divorced so no I am back.....and nope she did not get any of my guns......just had to buy her a Hellcat.....lol
goda 61

Post by goda 61 »

lemmyk57 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:37 pm Hello from South Dakota.....

Been out of the hobby for a few years, but just got divorced so no I am back.....and nope she did not get any of my guns......just had to buy her a Hellcat.....lol
Hello from Michigan! Glad you were able to keep the important things!

If it's any consolation, the ex will certainly have ample opportunity to experience the frustration of FCA product ownership with her free membership in the recall-of-the-month club and generally incompetent FCA Dealership service personnel.
Mt203

Post by Mt203 »

Love the history associated with MN's and their kind, thanks for having me!
wyvern1908

Post by wyvern1908 »

God day to you all...

I came across what apeared to be a Mosin Nagant, this week... Searching the web, I think I've found out it is a 1917 M91 (configuration 10?) produced by Sestroyetsk. Since I see a boxed SA on it, I come to the conclusion that it is owned by the Finnish. So far so good...

How can I learn more of this weapon? Is it really made in the year 1917? And what can I learn from the serialnumbers on it?

Looking forward to learn more about this piece of history.

Btw: it has probably low value, because in Holland, we cannot own guns. So it is non-functional (so to speak). barrel is filled with lead and the bolt is fixed.

Mark
The Netherlands
HALONRD11

I won't legally be able to get a mosin for 3 years, what do you guys think the prices will be like then?

Post by HALONRD11 »

Th I've seen from 300-500, what do you estimate it will be in about 3 years? Oh also, are new ones being produced?