"MO" marked TT 33

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: "MO" marked TT 33

Post by Longcolt44 »

Pictures of the actual markings would be a lot of help. From this picture it looks as though the bluing has been removed leaving it in bare metal. It may just be the way it was photographed too.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I dont think MO marked t33s are common at all. I've only seen three now. That being said, the Ministry of Defense theory on the MO has been found to be incorrect. Most likely a refurb mark and date, more info will be coming out soon I've been told.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I don't believe it was actually discussed as such however a member, Jacalula (SP), from Finland informed us of the actual meaning of the MO stamping a year or so back. His knowledge comes for Finish armories and museums in Finland.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Member Ratnik is working on getting information he uncovered while researching Soviet archives out to collectors. He has said multiple times that the MO mark isnt Ministry of Defense and actually has a fairly mundane meaning. The information will be published soon in public format.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

The site went live today.

https://www.m9130.info/
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

An MO marked Russian TT. Good luck finding that in the United States. You Canadians get all the cool stuff.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool: